Political photos or cartoons

Kooperman

Some of us are vocal in our opposition to George Bush being re-elected, and we post signature and avatar photos and cartoons relating to that. The truth in my case is that I'm neither a brainwashed Democrat nor a brainwashed Republican. I do, however, vote for the man I feel can do the best job in office.

Heck, I've voted for as many Republicans for President as I have Democrats ( 3 of each). I just feel that George Bush is our worst President since Lyndon Johnson let Viet Nam destroy him. I want to let someone with a better world and domestic attitude than George Bush occupy the office...it's time for a change, in my opinion. But it's just that...my opinion, and I respect other people's right to have differing opinions.

So in light of that, let's throw some fun and/or stinging political photos or cartoons in this thread...doesn't matter who you support, they're welcome here. It's a political free zone, all countries invited to participate, and nondenominational. Have some fun, but use some common sense and taste, please. I'll start with one of mine:

post-59-1078194282.jpg

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Political Humorists Needle Candidates

1 hour, 8 minutes ago

ASPEN, Colo. - Some left-leaning political humorists may be secretly hoping President Bush (news - web sites) — whom they love to make fun of — is re-elected in December, but they say plenty of Democrats are good for a laugh, too.

Bush, whose tough-guy swagger and linguistic miscues have provided plenty of fodder for comedians, columnists and cartoonists, is the "gold standard" for the business, "Doonesbury" cartoonist Garry Trudeau said.

"I'd be crushed if he lost," he said Saturday during a panel discussion at the U.S. Comedy Arts Festival.

But it's not just Bush who provides good material, panelists said.

"John Kerry (news - web sites) is so stiff," Time magazine's White House correspondent Matthew Cooper said during a seminar called "Who's Funnier — the Left or the Right?"

"You sort of see him sitting at home with a powdered wig watching C-SPAN," Cooper said. "For John Kerry, being rebellious is having red wine with fish."

A survey by the Center for American Progress found that 20 percent of Americans age 18 to 30 get their facts about politics from watching television comedy, said organization president and CEO John Podesta.

That fact apparently has not been lost on politicians such as Arnold Schwarzenegger (news), who announced his candidacy for governor on the "Tonight Show with Jay Leno."

John Edwards (news - web sites) announced his presidential bid on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart (news)" and, most recently, the Rev. Al Sharpton (news - web sites), a presidential hopeful, hosted "Saturday Night Live."

It's not surprising that politicians are reaching out more and more to humorists, said GOP consultant Mike Murphy, because it's easier to face a comedian than to "sit in the hot seat with Tim Russert."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...ical_comedy&e=1

To add on to this, The DNC asked The Daily Show to cover their primaries. He wasn't asked to favor a particular person, but was given access to all of the candidates.

Mark Fiore at Salon made this amusing animated video on the job recovery. You can view it here:

http://www.salon.com/opinion/fiore/2004/03...wth/index1.html

And you can view more his work here:

http://www.markfiore.com/

The dude :dudeasincool: gives Mark's work five flips:

:frog: :frog: :frog: :frog: :frog:

• 4 weeks later...

on the trashcan sitting outside my house there is a big bold sticker that says "Official Ballot Box: Vote Here" with a big arrow pointing upwards to the lid of the can... I have NO idea how it got there of course...

should I post more? I gotta bunch around here somewheres.

post-59-1082255586_thumb.jpg

Edited by gorphon

Im doing nothing and idle hands are bad and all that.

post-59-1082255965_thumb.jpg

it's contagious!

that it is kooperman!

post-59-1082256197_thumb.jpg