Mark Cuban - "Only A Moron Would Buy YouTube"

DudeAsInCool

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Billionaire investor and dot-com veteran Mark Cuban had harsh words on Thursday for YouTube, the online site that lets people share video clips, saying only a "moron" would purchase the wildly popular start-up.

Cuban, co-founder of HDNet and owner of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, also said YouTube would eventually be "sued into oblivion" because of copyright violations.

"They are just breaking the law," Cuban told a group of advertisers in New York. "The only reason it hasn't been sued yet is because there is nobody with big money to sue."

Source

Mr. Cuban and his fellow media kingpins are going to be in for a rude awakening one day. The public wants free access all the time to the sites they favor - as to the copyright violations, it's an interesting perspective - in my mind its free advertising. There are plenty of ways to monetize media on the web and the old school ways of charging multiple times for the same product are over...

'jealous jealous jealous' *in a Chrissie Hynde voice*

'jealous jealous jealous' *in a Chrissie Hynde voice*

:lol:

I think Cuban actually thinks he and some other rich folks and conglomerates own the web... every day people think otherwise

He is right. YouTube is adding limitations everyday.

The Iraq war videos all dissapeared. Google vid is the way now

Hmmm...

I see that they have been removed. But it's not clear that the the action was specifically politically motivated--I'd like to hear their reasons. Was violence the issue?

THAT’S what YouTube has done, shown there’s a MARKET!

But we don’t hear about this. We’ve got men in suits stating the proprietors of YouTube are bad guys. The music business should be uttering HOSANNAS! In an era when MTV plays no videos and they sell almost none at the iTunes Music Store. What we’ve got here is a car wreck you can’t take your eyes off of. Kill YouTube and you set the music industry back five years, at least.

Imagine a harnessed Napster. Instead of the underground sites we’ve got today. Imagine encouraged sampling rather than lawsuits and locked up content. You see a healthy business. One unshackled from not only MTV, but terrestrial radio.

Watch this video of "Ticket To Ride" and you’ve got to search for more Beatle footage. And if you’re unfamiliar, you want to OWN the band’s music. And if it were available in quantity, and at a low cost, WHY NOT??

But not only is NO Beatle music available to purchase online, this isn’t the paradigm the major labels are employing. They just want you to buy copy-protected files that are a bad facsimile of the CD for the same damn price. This is PROGRESS?

I really believe the businessmen of the entertainment industry have no compassion for their customers. They don’t think of the joy of experiencing their products, but only ways to maximize revenue utilizing old business models. The more stuff is easily available at a cheap price the more money you ultimately make. Did these guys not take math? Or study the mobile phone business?

So Mark Cuban? Shove it up your ass. You don’t have the balls you say you do. You’re just mad you didn’t have the cojones to start an equivalent service, worried about losing the money in your deep pocket. No, it takes people willing to risk who’ve got nothing to lose to create change.

And in this case, change is CERTAINLY good.

Fuck I want my MTV. There should be a campaign, I WANT MY YOUTUBE! Hell, hire Tom Freston to run YOUTUBE!

Source: The Leftsetz Letter

Someone might actually become politically active?

Well, we can't have that!!

:mad:

:lol: exactly. keep 'em all quiet and stupid. ooh look! amerikan idle's on! and the preznit met them! now let's watch 'friends' or whatever.

glurghllllll drooooollllllllllllllllllll....... duh!

Someone might actually become politically active?

Well, we can't have that!!

:mad:

I still havent seen an an official article as to why the threads were removed. I've seen others that took their place. So the criticisms are speculation until someone shows us something that is clear

i refuse to watch/read that hateful cunt anywhere. Dude, i cannot believe you posted her shite.

i refuse to watch/read that hateful cunt anywhere. Dude, i cannot believe you posted her shite.

Im against any form of censorship.

so am i but i'm against disseminating shite from hatemongers.

so am i but i'm against disseminating shite from hatemongers.

Her comments only applied to YouTube...she said nothing political...

publicity is publicity and any hate-monger should be shut down ASAP for whatever reason IMO. from here:

'Michelle Malkin is on the warpath, literally, because YouTube is pulling what she calls “anti-jihad” videos from its servers.

She presents one such video, of which she is clearly proud, on her site. I say it’s not so much “anti-jihad” as “anti-Muslim.” The point of the video is to present Muslims as murderous, violent people who must be “stopped.” As I watched I noticed a photo in which a protester held up a sign calling for the beheading of anyone who insults the Prophet. At least the jihadists are upfront about their intentions. Malkin fervently stirs up hate and fear and says jihadists must be “stopped,” but doesn’t follow through with explicit proposals for how to do the “stopping.” The clear implication of the video is “kill them before they kill us,” but Malkin lacks the intellectual honesty to say that and will, I assume, deny that’s what she meant.

That’s why I say the video is not “anti-jihad.” More accurately, it is “counter-jihad,” albeit with the punches (or beheadings, if you will) pulled. An “anti-jihad” video would be one that proposes peaceful and rational solutions...'

publicity is publicity and any hate-monger should be shut down ASAP for whatever reason IMO. from here:

I've never watched or read one of her poltical rants :) I thought she had a point against YouTube for not posting all sides of the aisle, which is why I posted that particular video, which is the first I viewed of her