The Sick Puppies - All The Same (Video & Lyrics)

DudeAsInCool

Searched and searched and couldn't find any listed lyrics on the Internet for this song. A wkd song!!! Not listed at the band's website http://www.sickpuppies.net or at any lyrics website. So, I've transcribed the song lyrics myself, and am submitting them to lyric sites and relevant forums.

Apologies if there are mistakes in the lyrics, but I've tried to interpret them from the song as accurately as I can. Please don't hesitate to post your own interpretations and corrections to both the words and the format.

Transcription v3.0

Interpreted by Alvin WK Chan

Sick Puppies - All The Same
Song Lyrics

I don't mind where you come from

As long as you come to me

I don't like illusions I can't see

Them clearly

I don't care no I wouldn't dare

To fix the twist in you

You've shown me eventually

What you'll do

I don't mind...

I don't care...

As long are you're here

Go ahead tell me you'll leave again

You'll just come back running

Holding your scarred heart in hand

It's all the same

And I'll take you for who you are

If you take me for everything

Do it all over again

It's all the same

Hours slide and days go by

Till you decide to come

And in between it always seems too long

All of a sudden

And I have the skill, yeah I have the will

To breathe you in while I can

However long you stay

Is all that I am

I don't mind...

I don't care...

As long as you're here

Go ahead tell me you'll leave again

It's all the same

Do it all over again

It's always the same

Wrong or right

Black or white

If I close my eyes

I's all the same

In my life

The compromise

I close my eyes

It's all the same

Go ahead say it you're leaving

It's all the same

Do it all over again

It's all the same

27/09/06 - Cheers to Splash for the correction...! 'Holding your scar out in hand' changed to 'Holding your scarred heart in hand'.

03/01/07 - Cheers to sammy for the correction...! 'As long are you're here' changed to 'As long as you're here'. Ooops.

(Song & lyrics by Sick Puppies)

Edited by Alvin WK Chan

Thanx to everyone - all 20,000 plus of you - for dropping by during the last week. Here's a hug from all of us at Beatking - pass it on. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Oprah Inspired by Sick Puppies

Whatever Oprah Winfrey touches seems to turn to gold. That's good news for Aussie rockers the Sick Puppies, who made a video inspired by Juan Mann, a regular Joe whose act of kindness is free hugs. Mann caught the eye of the talk-show queen and makes an appearance on Monday's show, while the Puppies' clip, 'All the Same (Free Hugs),' is abuzz on the Internet. For both the benevolent Winfrey and the Sick Puppies, it doesn't matter if the story is told verbally or visually, so long as it's told.

"The concept for the video came about while I was working in the Pitt Street Mall," Sick Puppies singer Shimon Moore says. "Juan Mann appeared one day out of nowhere holding a 'Free Hugs' sign. I gave him a hug and we became friends. I borrowed my father's camera and started filming him giving out free hugs all around the city, as a social experiment. We wanted to catch people's reactions."

Read More

• 6 months later...

I can honestly say that those 2 videos are truly inspirational. They truly touch you at the core; kind of like the video "give it all" by Rise against got me. I think I may just go the mall with a free hugs sign now. You have inspired me and I must say to see such acts of kindness like this now in days doesn't happen much.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...