Radio Industry Losing Ground

DudeAsInCool

Changing Its Tune

The radio industry keeps losing people like Danny C. Costa, a senior at Boston University who grew up listening to radio in New York and New Jersey.

For the last few years, Mr. Costa has tuned out radio in favor of Web sites where he can get access to downloads or videos he heard about from friends. He prefers these to the drumbeat of the Top 40. He burns his favorite songs onto CD’s or copies them onto his iPod.

“I just sort of stopped listening to radio, because I had access to all this music online,” Mr. Costa said.

While more than 9 out of 10 Americans still listen to traditional radio each week, they are listening less. And the industry is having to confront many challenges like those that have enticed Mr. Costa, including streaming audio, podcasting, iPods and Howard Stern on satellite radio.

Read more of Richard Siklos's story at The NY Times

• 3 weeks later...
Changing Its Tune

The radio industry keeps losing people like Danny C. Costa, a senior at Boston University who grew up listening to radio in New York and New Jersey.

For the last few years, Mr. Costa has tuned out radio in favor of Web sites where he can get access to downloads or videos he heard about from friends. He prefers these to the drumbeat of the Top 40. He burns his favorite songs onto CD’s or copies them onto his iPod.

“I just sort of stopped listening to radio, because I had access to all this music online,” Mr. Costa said.

While more than 9 out of 10 Americans still listen to traditional radio each week, they are listening less. And the industry is having to confront many challenges like those that have enticed Mr. Costa, including streaming audio, podcasting, iPods and Howard Stern on satellite radio.

Read more of Richard Siklos's story at The NY Times

This is GREAT NEWS! I don't know about you but where I'm from, Southern Connecticut, the Radio is complete trash. Every station has been playing the worst mainstream music possible.

-anonym97

Indie Record Label

Yep, they have been playing that pre-programmed crap for years. The web is evolving to a point where the people are in charge of their own entertainment...amen

Changing Its Tune

The radio industry keeps losing people

good. fuck 'em. AND the music 'industry.'

But Clear Channel pretty much IS "The Walmat of radio". That was a good call!!

:mad:

He was saying it was nasty that you agreed with him! Just sayin

:lol:

:lol:

Dude seems to be the only one that understands me.

Boy is he screwed! :lol:

Only a liberal could tolerate a man who, well, ...whatever with Goats... :lol:

yes, i agree w/Red. fuck/screw 'em.

the goats are soooo cute. the women? not so much. poor ladies. :(

back to Clear Crappel, does anyone else remember those billboards in FL right around the 2004 fucked election? weren't they sponsored by craptastic CC? i don't remember if they were, but /if they were/, then i wonder how Red feels about cc now? :lol:

yes, i agree w/Red. fuck/screw 'em.

the goats are soooo cute. the women? not so much. poor ladies. :(

back to Clear Crappel, does anyone else remember those billboards in FL right around the 2004 fucked election? weren't they sponsored by craptastic CC? i don't remember if they were, but /if they were/, then i wonder how Red feels about cc now? :lol:

I don't know anything about the billboards. I was too busy helping rig the election. :lol: