The Blues

DudeAsInCool

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I have to go further afield I'd pick John Martyn....

but Dave Edmunds?????? Am I missing something good? He always seemed inclined to pop/rock from anything I heard, which admittedly isn't that much...

Check out his early lps--blue's helping. on another of his early albums, he does a rock version of a rimsky-korsokov composition, and the guitar work is so amazing, its frightening

Both of these were made well before I Hear You Knockin'

Albert King, Albert Collins, Ry Cooder, Mick Taylor, Jeff Beck in the early days--there's a ton of good blues musicians

Check out his early lps--blue's helping.  on another  of his early albums, he does a rock version of a rimsky-korsokov composition, and the guitar work is so amazing, its frightening

Both  of these were made well before I Hear You Knockin'

Albert King, Albert Collins, Ry Cooder, Mick Taylor, Jeff Beck in the early days--there's a ton of good blues musicians

Yes yes but the question posed wasnt "Are there tons of good blues musicians?" was it? ...

What you're really saying is that you dont like who I've picked...

So what do you not like about John Martyn? hmm? Ok fair do's... he isn't limited entirely to blues and probably cant be pinned down to any particular category but none the less.... he's pretty unique and a talented bloke who should be better known.

Just in case you don't know who he is here is a linkity link link link

you just can't name your favorite guitarist. There are so many...

from BB King and Hendrix to the rage against the machine guitarist (can't remember name right now. I could easily name my 50 favorite guitarists lol

Umma.............. Hes one of my favorites! his work with john mayall and fleetwood mac, one of the first white guys to play chicago style blues, and mix that with a little rock good stuff, BTW im new here nice too meet you =)

Absolutely :)

good taste fun4fusion and welcome to beatking.... unofficially :P

DAIC...well you are kinda right.

Actually it was Jeremy Spencer who left Fleetwood Mac and joined the Children of God mission in downtown LA.

Peter Green had left the group a few months before, that citing musical differences with Mick Fleetwood and John McVie.

The great guitar work on Kiln House was some of Jeremys ..but mostly Danny Kirwin ...another F. Mac add on -who joined just before Peter Green left the group.

:jammin: hey isn't it strange how some blues makes you feel sooooo good? kind of an irony, lol but anyways, I get up listening to the allman brothers jam, if anyone is on soulseek let me know, would love to share, lots of blues artists, past and present, mdenise on soulseek

• 2 weeks later...

geoff achison -gettin evil (2000) just found him recently and liked his style of combining blues and classical music. tommy castro and joe bonamassa have played in a local club near me on a regular basis and I'll be going back to see tommy castro :good job: as my nick will tell, I'm a big allman brothers fan so fast guitar and rough blues vocals catch my interest, I gotta mention dereck trucks again, just think he's one of the best I've seen live recently, great slide guitar, all styles of music,but I saw him when he played with the allman brothers, he's a regular member but has his own band, if you have "hittin the note" it's worth taking another listen to "instrumental illness" he's featured on the slide guitar. If anyone has listened to any of these artists lately please let me know what you think. :)

Edited by desdemona

Well, I love the Allman Bros...so this perks my interest. Do you have any albums on the above artists that you would recommend?