govt mule - 2003 - the deepest end 2cd

I have these to share and most of the allman brothers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh, lol, and one more thing, I bought martin scorsese presents "The Allman Brothers Band" at x-mas, love it, all of their best blues songs. I'll post the track list:

01. trouble no more

02. done somebody wrong (live)

03. stormy monday (live)

04. can't lose what you never had

05. statesboro blues (live)

06. one way out (live)

07. hoochie coochie man

08. I'm gonna move to the outskirts of town (live)

09. dimples (live)

10. need your love so bad

11. you don't love me (live)

geoff achison -gettin evil (2000) just found him recently and liked his style of combining blues and classical music. tommy castro and joe bonamassa have played in a local club near me on a regular basis and I'll be going back to see tommy castro :good job: as my nick will tell, I'm a big allman brothers fan so fast guitar and rough blues vocals catch my interest, I gotta mention dereck trucks again, just think he's one of the best I've seen live recently, great slide guitar, all styles of music,but I saw him when he played with the allman brothers, he's a regular member but has his own band, if you have "hittin the note" it's worth taking another listen to "instrumental madness" he's featured on the slide guitar. If anyone has listened to any of these artists lately please let me know what you think. :)

You're right about Hittin' The Note....it's as close to early 70's Allman brothers as you're gonna find.

• 3 weeks later...

I dig everything that was posted but what about Johnny Winter, Paul Butterfield, Mike Bloomfield!

and don't laugh but Steve Miller began as a blues guitar player and rock and pyschedelia kinda snagged him, his earlier albums reveal quite a blues guitar player.

Also Johnny Winter dabbled in Rock a bit but he is primarly a blues guitar player.

I am sure some of you heard the great Album "Super Session" with Al Kooper, Mike Bloomfield and Steve Stills. Steve Stills and Bloomfield are 2 great blues players though Stills has not made any other blues albums as far as I know.

I had to leave some of these blues people for other members to talk about, rickio! Unfortunately, they never did :( . But that's why fate brought you here, right? My first 8 track tape (yeah, I'm definitely that old....) was Johnny Winter Progressive Blues Experiment back in 1969....I have the CD of it now. And as far as Paul Butterfield goes, they led the pack in bringing Chicago Blues to mainstream recognition back in the '60's. Thanks to 2 BK members, slim_harpo and -medusa-, I have everything available by Butterfield Blues Band now, and it's top of the line stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

anyone have peter green's fleetwood mac, was listening to "oh well" that was a big hit, but after looking and listening to this album, I'm not sure what the.......... who first made these songs, if they're all old blues songs, probably, anyone have it? let me know, and stan webb's chicken stack was a great listen too, found these awhile ago, just listening again. :)

• 2 weeks later...
<_ come on people lets get the blues goin again....love blues...buddy guy bb king albert collins how about some son house............the blues...it is where we alot of our music from.............ummmmmm allman brothers clapton blind lemon jefferson..........how robert johnson i could go and :bigsmile:>

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Cream - Crossroads

Cross Road Blues" is one of Delta Blues singer Robert Johnson's most famous songs. In 1968, Cream recorded a live version of the song at the Winterland Ballroom, for inclusion on their double album Wheels of Fire where it was simply called "Crossroads." Arranged by guitarist Eric Clapton, the Cream version had a faster tempo than the original, and included two lines borrowed from Johnson's "Traveling Riverside Blues."

• 1 month later...
I also loved the late, great Sean Costello. R.I.P.

Here is a rare video of him performing:

Sean Costello and the Hubcaps

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...