how do people meet people?

MoonMan

hey guys, it's me again. this is a pretty friendly forum with people i've known on and off for years, so why not post a silly question?

i have never been in a serious relationship (im 22), i have the social skills of a bridge troll, and i just moved to a town where i know no one. i've made pathetic attempts at dating services online which haven't worked out (lol not that i expected much), and everyone at my work (new job) is either in their 40s or already married and with kids in their 20s. how can i solve this connundrum (spelling?) and meet people (both women for relationships and friends in general from either gender haha). i feel all alone.

s.o.s

I'd probably check out where the cool set hangout - by cool, i mean whatever fits your definition - coffehouses, bars, the usual haunts. Any colleges in the area - they are usually pretty good hangouts and the younger babes are always looking for someone older.

The next thing I'd probably do is try and match my interests to whatever is happening locally - museums and art galleries, music scenes, cool tech or photography clubs - something like that. I've often thought of taking a cooking class (either private or college extension) - the idea is that I would learn how to cook, plus there's the liklihood that there will be more women than men, which of course, is the real intention...

If you are in to sports, there are usually local baseball, hoops, swimming and soccer teams - more often than not, just a bunch of locals hanging out, and that means the local babes will show up to - you dont have to be good to hangout at these kind of affairs. And if you are not in to sports, how ab out hiking, biking? Also, you probably should sign up at one of the local gyms - they've become a social center of sorts these days.

If you are in a small town, I wouldnt ignore the local churches even if you are not religious - they generally have a lot of social activities...

Bottom line--follow your interests to find other people who share them.

BTW, what geographic area? Maybe someone here knows someone there or good places to hang out - 6 degrees of Beatking separation :)

And if all else fails, I proably would go for one of those exotic oriental massages in the nearest big city - not quite a date, but they usually surprise you with a happy ending :lol:

Damn dude, let nature take it's course. Moonie you should head down to the abortion clinic in town. It's a good place to meet girls who go all the way.

If you live near Jackson Mississippi they are having a big to do regarding the clinic right now. A fine time to get in on the action.

http://houston.indymedia.org/news/2006/07/50674.php

If you decide to try the internet thing again I'll just warn you to be careful. Holy Liason told me about this chick he met off a site that turned into a sex fiend almost the moment he met her.

Definitely try the YMCA, or whatever fitness club is in your city. Don't go at 6 am -- way full of retired old people. Try between 4 and 6 PM--more younger people go then. There is usally more happening there than just people working out--look at the various programs, bus trips and other activities they offer. If they have yoga classes, take one--that's always a good mix of interesting people. Also any kind of class, academic or otherwise, is a good place to meet people.

One place that is actually not as good as one might think are nightclubs--while there are interesting people there for sure, often the music is so loud its difficult to actually talk and can inhibit conversation, and you have a higher than average chance that whoever you meet in a club has some kind of a drinking problem lol.

So check out lectures at the library, coffee house music nights--pick up the local arts and music newspaper (most towns have one) and see whats going on--check out stuff like art gallery openings (often these will come with wine and cheese) renaissance fairs, agricultural fairs, car shows, dog shows, guided nature or architecture walks--the list of cultural activities where you could find friends or romance goes on and on. And like Dude said, let your interests be your guide.

And good to see you Moonie!

Moonie you should head down to the abortion clinic in town. It's a good place to meet girls who go all the way.

LOL!!!!!111

Trying to desperately meet someone usually never works. Go out like Dude said and you will eventually meet people. Trying to blend in, most of the times has the opposite results. Be yourself and people will come to meet you, not you them. The net does not work on that.

Oh and one day the right female will be next to you and you won't understand how it happened. 22 is early for serious relationships. Have a lot of safe sex for a few more years. Try to meet some hot 40year old from your job and let her teach you stuff.

my 2 cents :groovy2:

Go places and do things that you enjoy... so that if conversation starts up, you're not stuck talking about something you don't like or something you know nothing about.

MOONY! MOVE TO MINNESOTA! I'LL HANG OUT WITH YOU! I'll need a roommate in a few months anyways.

>_> I might just take you up on that offer potato if I could afford the travel distance.

and btw cheapprick I live in Jackson, Michigan.

My search just turned up Jackson. How was I to know the U.S. was lousy with them? :blush:

I actually don't remember HOW I met most of the people I meet... it just happens. Usually I'm doing something that I usually do (whatever that may be) and ... well I don't know. It just happens. Something catches my eye or interest and I can talk up a storm about nothing. Weird.

I actually don't remember HOW I met most of the people I meet... it just happens. Usually I'm doing something that I usually do (whatever that may be) and ... well I don't know. It just happens. Something catches my eye or interest and I can talk up a storm about nothing. Weird.

LOL...so true. It just happens.

Edited by Warflower

exactly what I was trying to say above. It just happens

Not sure how it works with people...but we felines like to carouse...know what I mean? :) This much I do know, I've never met a woman that didn't fall for me...so you might wanna consider adopting a cat or dog to show off... Master says you are a cat person - that's good - you can surely bring the ladies home to pet me :thumbsup:

If all else fails, get down to the brass tacks or the Graduate School of Dating:) Now those posts were kind of crude and simplistic, but humorous nonetheless. Now here's some real advice - women love a man who LISTENS to what they have to say - get them on a topic of interest, nod you head and smile, and before long you will have a woman who is interested in you.

And never get fresh with a woman, or this will happen... (click the pic)

post-9-1155372413_thumb.jpg

:flowers1::bananasex:

Well Shawn,

Had Joe 33 years ago and have him again now....Guess I could share him with you now...only because I had him when he was REALLY good! LOL Just teasing! Joe's a wonderful guy and it's amazing how it seems like all those years never really passed us by. As for the topic of discussion...found Joe on Reunion.com. Sometimes old friends come back into our lives when we least expect it....so maybe this is a good place to meet people! I know I've been very happy these past few months!

Pat

Had Joe 33 years ago and have him again now....Guess I could share him with you now...only because I had him when he was REALLY good!

That just killed me.

Poor Joe.