Madeon Announces New Song & Finished Album

NelsonG

Seeing into the souls and minds of artists is easier now than ever thanks to social media and an increasingly positive outlook on sharing feelings on those platforms. With stigmatization against getting “real” ever on the wane, it has allowed artists like Madeon, below, to be entirely open and share his tribulations.

According to Madeon, after debuting his show at Lollapalooza earlier this year, he was “more spent and depressed than I expected. I couldn’t feel anything at all.” He took a break and focused on getting better.

“I felt like I had your permission,” he wrote. “I think I have an audience with the patience and empathy to afford me the time to be healthy.”

But all’s well that ends well, Madeon is feeling better now and has declared “victory!” over his demons. Better yet, a new song from the album, “Be Fine,” will be out next Wednesday and he has delivered his full album. Read his full letter to fans below.

I have to tell you something –

Today I delivered Good Faith. It’s a beautiful day.
Let me tell you why it took a while.

After the relief of debuting the show at Lolla I was more spent and depressed than I expected. I couldn’t feel anything at all.
It felt wrong finishing and releasing music celebrating joy when I couldn’t feel that joy at all anymore.
So I decided to take time and put everything on hold for a bit.

I felt like I had your permission.
I think I have an audience with the patience and empathy to afford me the time to be healthy.

That’s the the intimate theme of this work to me : making sense of joy, making sense of darkness.
Along the way, over more than three years, Good Faith has been the horizon, the reason I would fight over and over again to get healthy.

I want this album, this tour and all that will come after it to paint for you the picture that’s been vividly in my mind all this time.
Now it’s going to stop being mine alone and start being ours.
I feel relief and I feel purposeful.

Victory !

Loveyou

PS : « Be Fine » is the next song from the album and it’s out Wednesday.

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Madeon Announces New Song & Finished Album

View the full article