Phora Pays Tribute To Nipsey Hussle On "The Dream"

Amber

As he continues the campaign that leads toward his forthcoming independent Bury Me With Dead Roses album, Phora has returned with a new track in his latest "The Dream' offering. As has been his Modus Operandi with his mot recent drops, the California native shares a new clip to attach to the single.

In it, Phora delivers on a tribute to the late Nipsey Hussle as he and director 6th Element enter an alternate universe in which Phora does not survive the near-fatal freeway shooting that left him injured back in 2015. The video "is a reminder to critics as wells as fans alike to celebrate the people you value today because tomorrow isn't promised," writes a press release. 

Bury Me With Dead Roses arrives in a week. Until then, get into "The Dream."

Quotable Lyrics

And before you judge someone take a look in the mirror
Because at any moment anything can happen
Nothing is ever promised, but you can just imagine how It would be
So I give the type of love I want for me
Cuz one day it'll be my last and it won't just be a dream I mean

PHAycSnXGoU

View the full article

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Our picks

• Wait, Burning Man is going online-only? What does that even look like?
      You could have been forgiven for missing the announcement that actual physical Burning Man has been canceled for this year, if not next. Firstly, the nonprofit Burning Man organization, known affectionately to insiders as the Borg, posted it after 5 p.m. PT Friday. That, even in the COVID-19 era, is the traditional time to push out news when you don't want much media attention. 
      But secondly, you may have missed its cancellation because the Borg is being careful not to use the C-word. The announcement was neutrally titled "The Burning Man Multiverse in 2020." Even as it offers refunds to early ticket buyers, considers layoffs and other belt-tightening measures, and can't even commit to a physical event in 2021, the Borg is making lemonade by focusing on an online-only version of Black Rock City this coming August.    Read more...
      More about Burning Man, Tech, Web Culture, and Live EventsView the full article
      • 0 replies
    • Post in What Are You Listening To?
      Post in What Are You Listening To?