Youtube Sued By LA News Service

L.A. News Service Sues YouTube Over Beating Video

A Los Angeles video news service sued YouTube Inc. on Friday in federal court for allowing its users to upload copyrighted video footage onto the popular Web site, including the beating of trucker Reginald Denny during the 1992 riots.

Los Angeles News Service and its owner and operator, Robert Tur, assert in the lawsuit that in one week's time, one version of the Denny beating uploaded by a YouTube user was viewed and downloaded 1,000 times via the site.

Read more:

Source

Hard to sue someone over copyright if they arent making any money off the product, and dont intend to, and if they dont post it themselves

YouTube is annoying because some post video directly into a forum post (meaning an external player shows up as soon as the page loads).

I'm sick of visiting threads at other forums only to realize that it's there and that I have to either leave the page A.S.A.P (with a little delay action as the video tries to load for a few seconds freezing the browsers GUI), or wait for it to load.

I like being able to choose when I want to view media like that.

I like being able to choose when I want to view media like that.

It's never automatically loaded for me--Ive always had to hit play

Hard to sue someone over copyright if they arent making any money off the product, and dont intend to, and if they dont post it themselves

They are trying to make money from it, they are just not sure how yet. Besides, you don't need to be generating money to be sued - just look at all those Kazaa users.

Ken - I've never had a problem either.