Your EDM Interview: Mr. White On The Need To Get Down

NelsonG

There’s no one quite like Mr. White. The DJ and producer is known for his highly distinctive branding, but his music and live shows speak for themselves. He has just released the insanely catchy dance tune ‘Let’s All Get Down,’ which is doing to continue doing the rounds as summer stretches on.

We caught up with Mr. White to hear more about his background, inspirations and future plans.

Mr. White – thank you for speaking to us! Where in the world are you based right now?

Hard to say as I’m always on the move. But at the moment on my way from Amsterdam to China. Flying somewhere above Berlin right now.

If you had to describe your musical style for someone who hadn’t heard your music before, how would you sum it up?

I like to play energetic and uplifting house, with a dash of old-skool EDM. Vocals are nice too, so basically just party music.

What do you love most about being an artist?

I don’t want to be a cliché, but meeting new people and being in new places all around the world is a huge plus. Oh, and skipping lines at festivals and getting your artist wristband still remains awesome!

Where did the concept for your branding come from? Do you ever find it exhausting having to stay so white?!

Mr. White was originally part of a Sensation theme years ago. But people liked it so much, especially musically, that we continued doing it for years. And this led to doing solo shows around the world. And yes, it’s a lot of work staying so white. You can imagine during summer I pay a fortune for sunblock.

Where did your musical love story start for you? Do you remember what first got you into wanting to DJ?

I enjoyed watching house music on MTV and I started DJing when I was 13. But being a DJ at Sensation got me into it professionally.

Who or what are you currently really into, music-wise?

I must say Fisher has been doing a good job for the past year. And it’s always nice watching Sunnery James & Ryan Marciano playing a crowd. Fedde le Grand is still going strong. I’m also keen on everything from Camelphat, Patrick Topping or Huxley nowadays.

You are a resident DJ at Sensation. What have been some of your most memorable moments from doing it?

Without a doubt doing a USA tour, with the highlight being playing two nights at the Barclay Center in New York. Playing in NYC was a dream come true. Another one was performing for 50,000 people in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Those Brazilians really know how to party. Have you seen their dance moves? Makes you want to play there every week!

Did you have fun making ‘Let’s All Get Down’?

Yeah, heaps of fun. Was nice to spend all those nights in a studio instead of DJ-ing at a club.

What plans do you have for the summer?

I know a lot of DJs say the same but I do have more releases are coming up this summer. And if you want to meet me in the coming weeks you need to come down to China, as I’m doing a little club tour there.

Could you share a random fact about yourself with us?

Mr. White doesn’t have a drivers license, so everybody at Uber is my friend.

This article was first published on Your EDM. Source: Your EDM Interview: Mr. White On The Need To Get Down

View the full article