Nicki Minaj Leaves The Barbs Worried After Uncomfortable Met Gala Interview

Amber

"Barbie Tingz" rapper Nicki Minaj was one of the many faces that graced the Met Gala carpet this past Monday. In following with the “Camp: Notes on Fashion” theme of this year's carpet, she wore a puffy, princess pink Prabal Gurung number, with matching pink lace-up stilettos custom made for her by (black owned footwear and handbag) designer Brother Vellies.

GettyImages-1147441802.jpg

Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images

She stopped to discuss details of her outfit with Vogue Reporter Liza Koshy, who gushed over Nicki's look. "Camp is all about being extravagant and big and you've had so many extravagant moments in your life," she tells Nicki, before joking that Minaj was "looking like a four-course meal."

Nicki was nice enough during the interview, being polite and answering all the questions, even telling Koshy how she "always looks forward to the performance" of the night. However, fans in the comment section of the Youtube video can't help but notice the rapper looking a little distracted, slightly uncomfortable, and not-herself. The user with the top comment pointed out that Minaj "seems stressed, she probably needs to cut some negative people out her life. Nikki was the queen of camp, but she looks uncomfortable tonight."

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-09%20at%2012.56.

With recent rumors that she's pregnant with boyfriend Kenny Petty's baby though, it could be that fans are simply seeing what they want to see. 

Screen%20Shot%202019-05-09%20at%201.02.0

It's pretty hard to believe she could be hiding a pregnant belly with that snatched waist, but Nicki did seem to be a little off. "I always look forward to your new music, is there some coming soon?" reporter Koshy asked her. Nicki hesitated with her "Yes" before saying "Possibly." She went on to explain how she's been keeping a low profile lately, and surrounding herself with the people she loves. "I'm always working, you know I always like to keep myself working, but I have been enjoying my time with the people I love, I like that quiet time, it's really fun," the rapper concluded.

WYWM9KoA7XA

View the full article