6 Flags Puts Magic Mt & 5 Parks Up For Sale or Closure

DudeAsInCool

Good-bye Magic Mountain?

Six Flags announced plans Thursday to sell or close six of its properties, including the chain's once-flagship park, Magic Mountain, in Valencia, Calif.

In a press release issued after the U.S. stock market closed Thursday, Six Flags announced that it would sell the properties, to either a single buyer or multiple buyers, or that it might sell or redeploy the properties' attractions, to clear the land for real estate sale.

The six parks on the block are Magic Mountain, Elitch Gardens in downtown Denver, Colorado, Darien Lake near Buffalo, New York, Wild Waves and Enchanted Village outside Seattle, Washington and the waterparks Six Flags Waterworld in Concord and Six Flags Splashdown in Houston.

Read more:

Source: ThemeParkInsider

More greed at work :mad:

I was raised in the same valley as Magic Mountain. This would really suck. Travelling up or down the I-5, Magic Mountain is just something you always look at. It has some of the best rides ever. By far the most exhilerating rides than anyplace in California. Closing that down would make what? Disneyland the next most hardcore? Gimme a break.

Guess I'm going to have to make a trip there shortly before it closes its doors. This just sucks.

I live not too far from Six Flags Splashtown....oh, well Astroworld is already gone.....guess we'll all have to drive down to Galveston to their new indoor/outdoor waterpark. I'm only two hours for there!!

Yep, Galveston is not all that far but what has happened to the Six Flag Parks, What is left now....I loved Astroworld and so did my kids......Is Six Flags in Dallas still going to be around????? or is this major corp. going to sell them out for the real estate value also???? What parks are still viable in the US?

Overeacting there. It's just a ride or am I missing something?

It's like Disneyland--mostly rides for teens. Not many parks like this left for the kids to go to.

Overeacting there. It's just a ride or am I missing something?

If you don't know what Magic Mountain is, how can you say I'm overreacting, or whatever, for that matter? :blink:

I wonder what Six Flags is doing... if they're planning to eventually close all their parks and sell off the land or do this whole thing "Wal-Mart style" where they have a bunch of parks, make their presence felt, then close up some in strategic areas to drive more traffic to their other parks at which they'll start charging like $8 for a bottle of water instead of the $4 they charge now....

Their is a theme park company from Ohio that I heard was pretty good... I forget the name of it, but I hope it seeks to expand it's market share... we'll see shortly

:thumbsup: Know you are right BeatKing........I'm sure you have been to Astroworld and Six Flags in Dallas too......Real Estate is soooo very important?!? WALMART wants the land?????? PLEASE :skullbones:

I was talking about the "nothis sacred these days" part. I agree that the ride is huge and all that but that phrase can be said about something more serious, like a national monument or something. I don't consider a ride belonging in the "sacred" category

I was talking about the "nothis sacred these days" part. I agree that the ride is huge and all that but that phrase can be said about something more serious, like a national monument or something. I don't consider a ride belonging in the "sacred" category

I prefer Magic Mountain to the Nixon or Reagan Libraries :lol: