Claressa Shields Claims She Can Beat GGG & Keith Thurman In The Ring

Amber

Claressa Shields is the undisputed Middleweight champion in women's boxing and has been dominating opponents in the ring. Her most recent win was against undefeated fighter Christina Hammer, who she defeated in a unanimous decision. With Shields dominating the sport of boxing, she's confident she could win against some of the most prominent men in the sport. In an interview with TMZ, Shields made her case as to why she could be a champion in the men's division.

"I spar with men. I drop men. I bust [men's noses]. I beat men up all the time," Shields said. "I think I can beat up Keith Thurman ... I really do."

Shields then explained how she could beat someone like Gennady Golovkin. While she agrees those fighters have more hitting power, she believes her boxing ability is superior in every other facet.

"They may be stronger than me, but their boxing ability isn't like mine. GGG, he's older now, but I could give GGG a run for his money," Shields said. "Power for power isn't a question because what is boxing? Boxing is the sweet science. It's not about strength ... because people were saying Christina Hammer was stronger than me. They were saying all these girls were stronger than me, but did you not see the head movement that I had during the fight? See the defense? The offense? The traps I set!?"

A fight with Thurman or GGG won't happen anytime soon although her statements will surely cause quite a stir and a debate.

What do you think about what she said?

bj37wqFWEDE

View the full article