Party In Hell Planned for 6-6-06 See you there!

DudeAsInCool

HELL, Michigan (AP) -- They're planning a hot time in Hell on Tuesday.

The day bears the date of 6-6-06, or abbreviated as 666 -- a number that carries hellish significance.

And there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that the day will go unnoticed in the unincorporated hamlet 60 miles west of Detroit.

Source

Anyone else attending? :evil5:

Wasn't there a claim (by someone or something) that the significance of the number "666" was misplaced and that the number should be "616"?

I remembered hearing about that, but since I forget what the significance of “666” is anyway, I don’t remember much about what I heard regarding "616" either.

Anyway, just another Tuesday for me.

I forget what the significance of “666” is anyway

Me too. I think it has to do with the mark of the anti-christ or some shit like that. My wife has that number on her head as a birthmark. I'll ask her. She should know. :happy:

I read about it today.

Someone was saying that 666 was misinterpreted from Hebrew and that the translation was supposed to be 616.

666 (or 616) is from a section of the bible (I think) that basically was a code for "the beast" (this of course meaning the devil).

Of course, if I wanted that much fictional intrigue, I'd read Stephen King.

Hell, Mich., Heats Up for 6-6-6 Party

HELL, Mich. (AP) - They're planning a hot time in Hell on Tuesday. The day bears the date of 6-6-06, or abbreviated as 666 - a number that carries hellish significance. And there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that the day will go unnoticed in the unincorporated hamlet 60 miles west of Detroit.

Nobody is more fired up than John Colone, the town's self-styled mayor and owner of a souvenir shop.

"I've got '666' T-shirts and mugs. I'm only ordering 666 (of the items) so once they're gone, that's it," said Colone, also known as Odum Plenty. "Everyone who comes will get a letter of authenticity saying you've celebrated June 6, 2006, in Hell."

Most of Colone's wares will sell for $6.66, including deeds to one square inch of Hell.

Read more:

Source: MyWay News

post-9-1149573699.jpg

Wasn't there a claim (by someone or something) that the significance of the number "666" was misplaced and that the number should be "616"?

I remembered hearing about that, but since I forget what the significance of “666” is anyway, I don’t remember much about what I heard regarding "616" either.

Anyway, just another Tuesday for me.

What About Manuscript's Of Revelation That Have The Numbers 606 Or 616?

There are several ancient manuscripts of Revelation that show numbers such as 616 or 606 instead of 666. This very likely was due to a scribal error of some sort that somehow propagated down through additional copies as the scribe copied the manuscripts This is especially likely given that the original meaning of the number 666 was concerned with the numbers magical properties. The numbers 616 or 606 had no magical meaning of any significance, so that by itself should inform the reader that these were due to copy errors. Remember that people copied things by hand before the invention of the printing press. They did not have copy machines in those days. If you wanted, a copy of something, had the money, and could read, you hired somebody to copy it for you, or you did it yourself. Those were the only choices available. Of course, if you did not have the money, there was only one choice then - you did not get a copy of your own and had to wait until somebody was willing to read it to you! If they did not read it to you, then you were simply out of luck.

Source: 666Man.net