• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • I Dont Know

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, nu metal is pretty dead, of course it was never much more than a zombie anyway. a headless beast battering powerchords. just not eneogh braincells there to make it worthwile. Iowa (slipknot) was almost a really good album...almost.

heavier...they need be heavier..and smarter.

oh yeah, .. mad props on the site. :ph34r: :angry: :ph34r:

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I like how it is. It *used* to be more of an underground/non-pop type thing and that's when it was in its most rawest form. Then the came onto the top 40 playlists and overplayed on the radio and then the next cd was commercial and weak. Korns newest cd definitely kicks the old one's ass!

• 4 weeks later...

90% of nu metal blows ass. Coal Chamber was the shit when they first came out (I saw them open for Pantera in 96) but now they just starting to blow chunks. Slipknot blows cause Corey Taylor had to ruin it for them by starting that gay ass band Stone Sour. Korn was good back in the day (Everything after Follow The Leader just sucked). The only nu metal band that is still cool in my book is Mudvayne. I have seen them something like 4 or 5 times and everytime I do they just get better and better. So that is my thoughts on nu metal, like em or hate em, I don't give a fuck either way.

• 2 months later...

>

Really? None at all? Oh, man! There's a ton of really great metal out there if you look hard enough (and I'm not talking about Nu).

In addition to the two bands I've mentioned in other posts (Angel Dust and Tad Morose), there are bands like Brainstorm, Steel Prophet, At Vance, Iced Earth, Jag Panzer, Primal Fear, Kamelot, Pagan's Mind, and many many others.

Granted, not every song or CD these bands release is top noch, but the vast majority of the material is great.

I can recommend (and will be recommending in various posts) lots of quality metal.

Tic3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
90% of nu metal blows ass.  Coal Chamber was the shit when they first came out (I saw them open for Pantera in 96) but now they just starting to blow chunks.  Slipknot blows cause Corey Taylor had to ruin it for them by starting that gay ass band Stone Sour.  Korn was good back in the day (Everything after Follow The Leader just sucked).  The only nu metal band that is still cool in my book is Mudvayne.  I have seen them something like 4 or 5 times and everytime I do they just get better and better.  So that is my thoughts on nu metal, like em or hate em, I don't give a fuck either way.

yeah, coal chamber was my fav for about a few months

on the stonesour note, they are not gay, you are, and corey was in stonesour before slipknot

and everything by korn is near to shit, except Untouchables that was very experimental and has a life of its own

and please, you have a marilyn manson avatar. how more juvenile could you be?

MUSIC NEVER DIES!

Edited by sicness

I think it's dying out.

It's being slowly replaced by Hardcore and *shudders* Emo.

hardcore existed way before nu-metal showed up so hardcore has never replaced anything

you are a smart-ass

you are a smart-ass;  on the stonesour note, they are not gay, you are

You will refrain from name-calling on these boards

post-6-1094920802.gif

alright, here goes...

American hardcore

Like the British punk wave of 1976 to 1978, American hardcore was an initially tight-knit movement that evolved into an enduring genre. The sound arose in suburban beach communities in Southern California, taking influences from The Ramones, Wire and Sham 69. Bands like The Germs, Middle Class and Fear were among the pioneers of the musical genre. Outside of California, D.O.A (Vancouver) and Bad Brains (Washington, DC) were especially important. A radio show called Rodney on the ROQ played on Los Angeles' KROQ, an influential radio station, helped popularize the sound in California, and a wave of zines led by Flipside brought it around the country. The hardcore scene became associated with violence almost as soon as it was born, especially after the release of the film The Decline of Western Civilization. Skateboarding, slamdancing(moshing?) and stagediving also associated with the scene.

During the first stage, which lasted from about 1980 to 1984, the two definitive hardcore bands were Washington D.C's Minor Threat and Los Angeles' Black Flag.

Minor Threat, particularly in their emphasis on speed, were heavily influenced by Washington D.C's Bad Brains. In 1980 to 1981, Minor Threat combined a blunt and tightly organized sound with the more loose experimentalism of the "first generation" punks of the 1970s. Black Flag, meanwhile, released in 1981 their album Damaged, which pretty much defined the musical aggression of hardcore.

source: www.fact-index.com

i don't listen to a lot of bands, but at least i do some studying!

and some additional info;

There have been numerous trends and movements within hardcore, mostly self-classified according to a particular philosophy or political outlook. Perhaps most notable is the straight-edge "scene" (because many involved would not necessarily want to be called a "movement"), which got its name from a Minor Threat song that espoused complete avoidance of drugs, alcohol, and promiscuity. Other hardcore scenes include pacifist bands, Hindu bands, and even Eastern Orthodox Christian bands.