The cost of music piracy according to the RIAA

method77

A blogger calculated the cost of piracy by taking Pirate Bay and RIAA numbers and the result was that according to the music industry, one month's music piracy costs... $11,440,939,650,000!!!!!!

link :acordeon:

post-32-1148114130_thumb.jpg

yep - bigger than the us budget deficit. it's really a shame how people have ripped off the nice reasonable people in the RIAA. but in all honesty, i look at it the other way - ive been promoting their music for quite a while now and they owe me :lol:

Imagine being ripped off that bad and still having enough money to sue thousands of people at the same time. :lol:

obviously they`re not being ripped off enough......i`m just off to rip them off some more.... :)

nice one red....i`ve got a couple of seagate 160 gig hd`s in this box at the moment..i`m about to upgrade soon...dual processors and a great BIG,WIDE monitor coming right up mate...... :)

I came real close to buying a new computer last week. It was a dual core nice machine. I decided to pass and wait a little longer and put together one a little better. The 2 hard drives I bought are serial 300. They run on this machine but it only supports serial 150. The motherboard in the new computer only supported serial 150 as well and that was one of two fatal flaws. The other being that it was not a full size case. I have 10 hard drives mounted in this one with a couple more connected but not inside the case. I don't want a smaller case.

I probably have the slowest machine at BeatKing but I bet I don't have the least drive space. :lol:

I rip 'em off more but it just takes me longer. :happy:

Good luck on your new machine Kiwi. Guns and computers are better when you get the most powerful ones. :)

Method, my tip for the day on hard drive purchasing: Get a BIG one! A man can't have too much ammo or too much drive space. :lol:

I'm thinking of getting a new machine too. My current PC is fucked up with all the modifications that I have done over the years and I have to use the laptop all the time

What are you guys currently driving? This one is P4 1.7 with 512 ram that is 4 yrs old next month. I had some problems recently and was going to upgrade but my son fixed it for me so I'll keep it. Now I intend to use it as a second machine when I get around to building a new one. My second machine that I rarely power up anymore is a Pentium Pro 200 that is a bazillion yrs old. When I get a new machine I will junk it.

I need a new hard drive as well

I filled a 160 GB external at the end of April...so we picked up a 320 and put it on the network. between my soulseek and the wife's bittorrents, we've put 104 on that in just a couple of weeks...

there's a 500 GB external USB drive on sale we're eyeing at the moment :P

So...support live music.

and fuck the RIAA.

i`m running this beast at the moment......

ASUS 8AN-SLI Deluxe m/board

AMD ATHLON 64 processor...3.7 GHz.....i love AMD...

1. 4 GIG RAM

NVIDIA audio (chipset), NVIDIA network gear, NVIDIA grapics/display drivers...i love NVIDIA

2 X Seagate Barracuda 160GB h/d`s...

19" DSE monitor.....

sony dual 16X dvd/cd reader/writer etc.......

edit...running WIN2KPRO/SP4 at the moment..very nice too with all that memory....usually run xp pro corp......

my youngest daughter has her eye on this lot when daddy upgrades...... :)

post-193-1148252903_thumb.jpg

post-193-1148252917_thumb.jpg

post-193-1148262994_thumb.jpg

post-193-1148263005_thumb.jpg

post-193-1148263017_thumb.jpg

post-193-1148265382_thumb.jpg

kiwi that is god compared to my junk

i`ve had it for about a year mate..but parts of it are getting a little tired...i hammer my computer stuff method.....i`m always pulling them apart and changing configurations and fucking around with the damn things..i maintain my wifes one as well, which is thru the wall from mine networked on one of my router ports....i`ve gone thru 3 dvd writers in the last 12 months... :)

• 1 year later...