Nelly Says Sexual Assault Accuser "Is Doing A Severe Disservice To Women"

Amber

A woman from the U.K. has accused Nelly of sexual assault, claiming that the rapper not only masturbated in front of her, but forces his penis into her mouth following one of his concerts back in 2017. The woman, only known as Jane Doe, has filed a lawsuit against Nelly and recently made claims that the Essex Police have bundled the investigation. Both she and her lawyer have made accusations that law officials are intimidated by Nelly and his legal team, and haven't followed protocol throughout the investigation.

Nelly has stayed mum about the situation, but after the accusations have made their way back into headlines, the rapper has broken his silence and has released a statement via The Source.

“It is time for me to personally speak up against this! I have remained quiet and haven’t said anything or done anything other than fully cooperate on every level of the investigation to allow law enforcement to do whatever they need to get to the bottom of these accusations.

In spite of my complete cooperation, this same lawyer in both cases against me, is claiming the police in two different countries ‘won’t help her clients,’ ‘are incompetent’ and is consistently painting a picture that I am ‘bullying the police’ in two different countries to not do their job.

Not only is this attorney continuously damaging my reputation to forge ahead with civil suits to get money, she is doing a severe disservice to women and true victims that need a safe system to report assaults against them with claims like ‘police won’t help’ and ‘botched the case.’

‘Clients are being treated like suspects by the police’ leaving real victims to feel like reporting would be of no help. I would also advise my own two daughters to report and fully cooperate with authorities no matter what the circumstances are and how difficult the process may become if you are truly a victim of such a heinous crime.

Also, by running to the media for her own gain, she is creating the misconception that true victims would be under intense scrutiny and bullied by the police intended to help and protect true victims.”

Meanwhile, Nelly is gearing up to hit the road with TLC and Flo Rida this summer and continues to post photos of himself and girlfriend Shantel Jackson living their best lives.

FV8PuYCtj_w

View the full article