Want to be immortalized in song?

We (Dan The Wank Experience) have decided we want someone to pay us to write a song about them...be it 1 cent (the current winning bid of this auction) or whatever... This is a pretty unique chance to get some random band from the middle of nowhere to spend a month writing, practicing, recording, and mixing a song about whoever wins the auction. Just check it out, or check us out, yeah.

The Auction's At:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=6058906736

We're At

http://www.purevolume.com/danthewankexperience

&

http://www.myspace.com/dtwx

& some of our music videos can be found at

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=AGStudios

no thanks "dan the spammer experience"..... (i do like your choice of name the best)......i`ll forgo the christian rap session for the day.....this is father kiwi signing off......bless you all my children... :)

the christian rap thing is a joke...in fact the band is a "joke" band, we write somewhat amusing songs. and really...spammer? I read this fourm all the time - i've been a member for more than 2 years, and when i got the idea for this auction i figured what better place to promote it...if this sort of thing isn't cool i apologize for posting in the first place...

I'll give you 50 cent... :lol: My cat Mr. Boo deserves to be immortalized, and he's a cool cat. i will check out your stuff later this eve, and don't mind our resident critics, we do get spammed a lot..

Make that $2.01 :)

"resident critics"...me????... :o:o:o .....dude, that`s a terrible thing to say......i was just having a wee joke myself...only back a week and in the shit already..sigh..the story of my life....my apologies IHATEJIMMYPAGE...with 3 posts in 2 years i guess the fact that you were a member just kinda slipped my mind... :)

"resident critics"...me????... :o:o:o .....dude, that`s a terrible thing to say

I thought 'resident critic' was a classy moniker :P

Checked out some of the videos. I loved the RKO/title in the beginning of Cofee and Biscotti, and you have a pretty good taste in music, and the idea behind the film was fine, but it could be tightened, particularly that long car ride :) But overall, it's a pretty good first effort.

i really like the Spaghetti film--well executed and lots of fun stuff there--and the guitar at the end was awesome :)

And here it is:

Sounds better than my "chief wanker" title.

shawn...your title sounds much better than my title......it sounds like you can have a lot more fun than i can... :(

@Dude

Thanks about the FSM video, I just finished it last week, and Coffee & Biscotti was the first short i did...it's really bad..."Perfection" is a ton better (original score, semi-pro sound, much better script, etc...)...anyway I'm going to NYU in the fall for directing and such...so the films should get better.

@Shawn

$2.25!, thanks - that's pretty cool.

@Dude

Thanks about the FSM video, I just finished it last week, and Coffee & Biscotti was the first short i did...it's really bad..."Perfection" is a ton better (original score, semi-pro sound, much better script, etc...)...anyway I'm going to NYU in the fall for directing and such...so the films should get better.

@Shawn

$2.25!, thanks - that's pretty cool.

Congrats on NYU--it's the top university choice for your class year--that's quite an accomplishment. I went to UCLA...but I have a couple clients that went to NYU...and as soon as they are talking to me again :), maybe I can have them sit down with you sometime when you land in the village

I can see that you have come along way technically with the Perfection effort. Pretty sophisticated stuff (particularly the prose at the end) for high school and very ambitious. Beautifully crafted - I will take that house please :). The film would stand up with project 1s at UCLA or NYU - but I think the length is a bit long. Now if you can merge your newfound technical skills with your sense of humor, then you should be in pretty good shape. My suggestion would be to do as Alexander Payne did and hunt down interesting short stories you can adapt into a short... save your writing efforts for feature films - a great short film or a good screenplay are your tickets to success. Then call someone like me to open those doors :)

There is only one person "watching" the auction....and if that's you...then there is no one else watching...That said, there will probbaly be other bids, we're all amazed...I figured the "bidding war" would be in cents, not dollars.

Thanks so much for your feedback, you're probably the only person outside my friends and family to say anything about my videos, I'm sure you know how helpful comments/critique is... and I would welcome the possibility of a conversation with your NYU acquaintances, I don't know a soul in the city or much of anyone in the business for that matter.

Thanks so much for your feedback, you're probably the only person outside my friends and family to say anything about my videos, I'm sure you know how helpful comments/critique is... and I would welcome the possibility of a conversation with your NYU acquaintances, I don't know a soul in the city or much of anyone in the business for that matter.

Moviemaking is not easy--I've made films myself--and I used to put on a lot of student film screenings, so I know the work that went into yours. Very, very impressive at your stage of the game. But...as you will soon learn, you are only as good as your next project :) at least that's how they think out in LA. Keep at it and the doors of success will open up for you

:mad: So i go out to a meeting only to find a last minute notice that Mr. Boo and I have been outbid during the last 30 minutes by a :skullbones: I still want to immortalize Mr. Boo--let me know if I can purchase a song for him separately f B) and we can work out a deal tomorrow.

Who won?

the person who won has no intention of paying apparently "just thought it was funny", so I already sent you a second chance offer if you still want it.

I'm sure a deal can worked out for mr.boo.

Edited by IHATEJIMMYPAGE

I can't stand the suspense - there i was one beat a way from immortality :(

Hang in there, Boo - apparently there is some mischief afloat and some dawg was trying to republicanize the bidding just like in Ohio and Florida... we will get to the bottom of this

If you say so - I know one thing - it's gonna be hard to top that song I wrote in my blog - Mr. Page, you think you buys are up to that?

it'll be tough, but i think so...it will be the finest hour of dan the wank, masta' b, jakk, fizz and TK if he's out of jail by then.

it'll be tough, but i think so...it will be the finest hour of dan the wank, masta' b, jakk, fizz and TK if he's out of jail by then.

Boo, be patient -- don't get your hopes up. That boy be runnin' with a fast crowd in Westport - there's no way knowin' if he will make it out alive.