Metal Head Wizard likes country ?

Undying Wizard

lol I was raised by country folk, so I grown to love the crap

here's one of my faorate artist David Allan Coe- fav song by him is I95

also Johnny Cash , A Boy Named sue

Im starting this thread to get people talkin about country music thats funny I like funny country music and some serious country, make some suggestions as I will do the same : )■

CP will love this. I like country rock--gimme The Byrds, New Riders of the Purple Sage, Waylon Jennings. The Outlaws, The Band, old school kind of stuff.

I don't believe those songs to be mislabelled.

If you grab a few of each guy's songs, that certainly does appear to be the same voice. Coupled with the fact that under the 'Rebel' persona, the singer refused to admit which name he had later recorded under, it would suggest to me that it was someone notable enough to be recognizeable.

I think they are the same guy.

edit - I thought I would point out to you that I didn't get the idea that they were the same guy from the internet. HolyMoly had posted an interview with 'Rebel' that named a few of his songs, and I wondered who this guy could be for the fact that he wouldn't reveal his other recording name.

After listening to a single song, I got the idea they were the same guy. My father had a signifigant amount of Coe's stuff, and that was what he sounded like.

actually David Allan Coe is a respected artist that has done alot of work with willie nellson and Johnny Cash

Johnny rebel was born 1938 in Moss Bluff , louisiana

David Allan Coe was born in 1939 in Ohio

yes they sound alot alike but they are not the same person, people think Jimmy Buffet sound like them also ( Jimmy and David have worked together alot )

also Ive reviewd picturs or david and that racist basterd Johnny they are NOT the same person--- have the pics on my HD to prove it

The pic was enough.

How did you get it? The interview I read let on he was pretty hyper about his privacy.

Doesn't exactly break my heart. Coe had some decent tunes (unless you bought the D-I-V-O-R-C-E Album, which was pretty bad).

• 2 years later...