Franz Ferdinand Turn Down $50million TV Ad

franzferdinand.jpgScottish rockers Franz Ferdinand have snubbed a $50 million offer to appear in an American television advert. The group rejected the lucrative contract, despite promises the publicity would quadruple US sales of their second album YOU COULD HAVE IT SO MUCH BETTER. Frontman ALEX KAPRANOS says, "We'd have been surrendering our integrity it we'd done it."

Source: ContactMusic

you gave us a link to the greek guide, not the article.

im curious to see what he has to say. sadly, i think i would have taken the 50 million bucks :) i could have donated the access to charity or whatever. I didnt know that franz ferdinand stood for integrity--their music hasnt moved me that much yet

Excellent work.

I'd like to take a moment to point out that a rewritten article that carries the gist of the original [facts] but doesn't copy any of the original article's wording is in fact not copyright infringement. In that sense we could actually have completely original articles without any linking if we had the time to do that.

If I'm not mistaken, I've heard their shitty music playing on commercials before. So I suppose that's ok and not "surrendering their integrity".

You got that right. They should hand all that money back--and give it to people with real integrity--like us. :lol: