1. 1. What is your Favorite GY tune?

• seven days
    • in that moment
    • skies apart

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kid you not man, neither link in your sig led to their present location when I asked. The forum link was just dead and the official site link led to puretunes.

I kid you not man, neither link in your sig led to their present location when I asked. The forum link was just dead and the official site link led to puretunes.

:lol: I switched the links over while the site was down... and forgot to change it back.. thanks for the reminder ;) :bigsmile:

Gabriel Young will have a live interview on 91.7 FM and play a few songs in 15 mins... starting at 4pm EST. You can catch today's interview at UGA online at http://www.wuga.org/

I believe all you have to have is Media Player or Real Player :)

Why you little buttmonkey.. You copied and pasted what I said from the GY forum. The smiley and the whole phrase. I should sue you for stealing my words. :P

Now we have a description of Joeyz from someone who knows him well.

buttmonkey! :lol:

I figgered you were a hillbilly but I never suspected you were a buttmonkey! :lol:

Red,

It was my pleasure, believe me. :bigsmile:

Posting this before Joeyz has a chance to copy and paste and pass off as his own work of inspiration. :P

Peter Gabriel Zorbanos and Kalen Young Nash Are Stars in the Making

From the cover of the Sidewalks and Dirtroads CD

“Special Thanks to: Jesus, our loving families and friends who have supported us thus far. Thanks to Jon Cole for everything you have done. Michael Mann for lending the equipment. Also thanks to Kane for making us follow our dreams. And thanks to Joeyz for an incredible devotion and for so many sacrifices to help us move forward in the music world and believing in us from day one. We’re your biggest fans.

Special thanks to our inspirations: Brian McKnight, Michael Hedges, and Gavin Degraw. Your visible passion in performance is what we strive to possess.” –Gabriel Young

As the opening chords of the bluesy original song, 'Don’t Wait on the Rain' began, my heart was pounding. I felt nervous, yet excited and anxious. I turned to look around the Seney-Stovall Chapel, and was amazed to see that it was nearly filled to capacity. Something about tonight’s show felt different from all the other shows I had attended before. Enclosed in my pocketbook was the brand-new plastic-wrapped "Sidewalks and Dirt Roads" CD. This was just another remarkable sign that the Gabriel Young band had come so far in such a short amount of time. As a fan, tonight marked the beginning of a wonderful journey that lays ahead for Gabriel and Kalen.

They continued onward playing 'Sallie’s Song', 'Samoan', 'Come Around', 'Accidental Love', and 'Long Way Down'. They surprised the audience by throwing in a cover song and encouraging us to sing-along. Gabriel even opened his chops to sing a solo! The guys owned everything about this night. They were charismatic, humorous and passionate; but more importantly they really connected with the fans. They closed out the intimate night, with 'It’s You', and when the audience rose to its feet to request an encore, the duo obliged with the instrumental 'DADGAD'.

As I stood in line waiting for the guys to sign my CD, it occurred to me that tonight wasn’t just a night of practicing for the moment when the rest of the world will be introduced to Gabriel Young; it was the moment. What a wonderful moment to be apart of. Gabriel Zorbanos and Kalen Nash are stars in the making.

PS 250 people were at the party!!! GO GY!!!

Edited by GabrielYoungFan

GY heads out to NYC and CT today to play a few shows and meet with some new friends! We're all really stoked about it. Wish us luck! :strumma:

Right on. Good luck. :yup:

Hey fellow BKers!

Just wanted to say that Mr. Bill over at AthensMusic.com posted my review for the GY band on the website today. It has much of the same information that you guys know, but still I thought it was cool that something I wrote go published on the net. :) http://www.athensmusic.com/archives/000783.html#more

Thanks Shawn. Actually, I have thought of that, however it will have to be a career on the side because I just accepted a job offer working with the Public Defender where I recently interned this fall. :) I don't know what my title is yet as it is a position that was created for me by the state. :) Exciting news for me really. After seven months of searching for a job in Athens and having good interviews but no offers this came at the perfect time. I love working with my coworkers and I really think I can build a good career from this. :)

Edited by GabrielYoungFan