1. 1. What is your Favorite GY tune?

• seven days
    • in that moment
    • skies apart

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No that's Justin .. the man with some recording school under his belt....

They are having a lot of fun... they're also making amazing music. I can't wait untill everyone can hear more.

Edited by joeyz

This is Phat. I think you should post them on the GY forum too. :)

The Georgia College and State University show was quite a success... everyone that made it out really enjoyed themselves... the boys made some new friends (at the end of the show the boys were actually mobbed by about 15 girls :lol: ) and really sparked some interest.

post-102-1081460443_thumb.jpg

Edited by joeyz

the boys made some new friends (at the end of the show the boys were actually mobbed by about 15 girls :lol: ) and really sparked some interest.

alas.... it's the shape of things to come... how on earth will they cope??

alas.... it's the shape of things to come... how on earth will they cope??

:rotfl: That's a good question Umma, I don't know how they're going to manage. What can I say... it's a hard life....

back-tracking a bit --

Gabriel Young did a great job at DT's "Song Writer Sing Off" on the April 5th. The guys advanced to the finals... which is taking place on April 26th @ DT's. Please come and support the guys at this competition if you happen to be in the Athens,Ga area! For those of you flying in to see the show... I am offering free room and board at my place. PM me for details! :D

Beatking's favorite Irish sweetheart sure does look good in her new Gabriel Young T'shirt. I decided that this pic has to be posted on the GY thread! Now we have a least one fan on the other side of the lake!

post-102-1081978482_thumb.jpg

I think Gabe should get a tatoo :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gabriel Young takes it to The University of Georgia tomorrow!!!! This is a huge show for the guys and a great way to nurture their fan base. They play at the outside stage at the Tate Student Center on UGA campus. This stage is passed by litterally thousands of students every hour ... seeing that UGA's student body is close to exceeding 40,000 students! I am sure they are going to find many new fans at this show!!! If you happen to be in Athens on the 23rd of April... come and see them.. show starts @ 12:30pm!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey guys... it's here... time for some of the new Gabriel Young tunes!

Green

*Sorry my attachment didn't work I am going to change the format and try again*

Awww don't tease us like that. :(

• 2 weeks later...

This is my own personal fan letter I posted on the GY message board telling the guys how their music has started to impact, my life. I thought I'd post it here for the other fans here on BK.

Dear Kalen and Gabe:

It's amazing how much can happen in one month. But I have to honestly say that you two never cease to leave me searching for words to describe your music. You're growing every day with every show and every new song you create. I really do believe that you hold a rare and unique talent that is just waiting to be discovered. I really see it happening for you down the line.

Anyways I wanted to share my own little personal story of how your music has begun to touch my life.

Recently, I was over at Joe's apartment hanging out and he of course was playing a video of the recent Tasty World show and later he put in a cd of tracks from the Flat Penny show. To be honest, it took awhile before I could really focus and listen with the talking that was going on, but then I heard the opening chords of the bluesy song "Don't Wait on the Rain." Immediately, I was drawn to it. It had a very mellow and spiritual feel to it. I couldn't really hear the vocals over the guitar so I waited until I could go home and listen.

I was blown away by the lyrics. How cleverly put together it was. It was like listening to an autobiography of your own story. The opening lines go something like this Just around the corner here comes another band...I mistook you for my brother but you were just a long lost friend...the proof is in the pudding and happiness is in the jam....needless to say there's more to it but I don't want to give away these great lyrics. Those simple but effective lines just impressed me so much. Obviously there is room for a lot of interpretation in this song as you go on to talk about the promise land, but for me the song took on a whole new meaning for my life.

Being a recent college grad, I have started looking for a job, and it's not an easy process as you could probably guess, but for me the song in this sense is a source of encouragement for me. People are coming at me at all angles with job advice especially my family, all offering variations of wisdom. It's very intimidating. However your song offers hope in the journey, and what I take from it is that down the line everything is going to be okay. I found a smile when I heard the line let go of your future it's drivin' me insane. LOL I took that line in a sense as saying hey you know what you can offer whatever advice about my future but in the end it's all up to me. Oh how corny I sound, but really it's just my own personal interwining interpretation and needless to say I could easily see this song becoming a hit single.

So I just wanted to say thank you and a wish you the best of luck in your own journey.

Sincerely,

Pam

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...