What was your first computer?

method77

So here we are today. Talking to each other over the net using a computer. Without a computer there would be no net, no Beatking, no DudeAsInSpam, no filesharing, no news/opinion reading without the need of big media, no nothing. Hell, I wouldn't have met Kooperman. Kentucky's biggest whatever.

So when did it all start?

I had a Commodore 64 and an Amstrad probably around 83 or something. I actually can't remember all that well the date but I had those back then. Calculators don't count :P

cat run/ :lol::lol::lol:

post-59-1139852494.gif

I also had a game similar to this. My father bought it for us but my mother was not happy at all. Me and my brother would play for hours and always ended up hitting each other with those HUGE joysticks :lol:

btw Atari has the best logo ever

post-59-1139859260.jpg

We actually didn't own a computer untill I was about 20. My mom bought a gateway, and I was paying rent for the basement apartment at the house.

When I was about 13 or 14, my cousin lived with us, and he brought a yellow monochrome monitored PC with DOS.

When I was 16 I lived with my brother in Mount Vernon, WA. He had a 486 running Windows 3.x and a mammoth 32Mb of RAM. There were 2 harddrives with an expansive 840K of total space. And I had smoking speeds on BBS w/ a 14.4 dialup modem.

Behold the power, look at my nipple and fear me!!!

Apple II GS

gfx07_8-111286101918916.jpg

I used to teach computer literacy...work let me take one home, so for a couple years that was THE machine...

then a couple years later I bought a Packard-Bell 75 MHz Pentium...it was one of the very first pentium chip computers. I had been looking at the 386's and 486's and decided to hold off until the pentium chip came out. When I bought it it was way fast, even faster than the computer my friend the software engineer had on his desk at Amercan Power Conversion.

A few years later I renamed it Slugboy, cuz it was sooooo sloooooowwww...

001221_0039Small.jpg

this one looks exactly like mine did, with those same stupid speakers that attached to the side of the monitor. SO STEGASAURUS! :lol: