dvd burning

rainbowdemon

Adding files to the VIDEO_TS folder -

Nero is only capable of burning pre-authored DVD-Video VOB-files. What it means is that you cannot add MPEG-2 video files to the DVD disc in Nero. You have to use a separate authoring software to produce the content to be burned. The folder, you want to burn, should have a couple of .BUP and .IFO files, and a bunch of 1GB .VOB files.

Choose the VIDEO_TS folder from the DVDVideo -window. Use the right mouse button to Add files to the compilation. You can also use the explorer window to the right to locate the files and drag & drop them to the VIDEO_TS folder. Make sure that the files actually go to the VIDEO_TS folder, and not the root folder of the disc.

Note that you can add a maximum of 4.36GB (or 4 475MB or about 4 689 532 928 bytes ) data on a DVD-R / DVD-RW or DVD+R / DVD+RW disc. The 4.7 GB marking you see on the disc doesn't actually mean gigabytes, but billions of bytes (4 700 000 000 bytes) all of which cannot be used due to overhead.

You can easily check whether or not the files fit the disc by looking at the bar at the bottom edge of the Nero window. If it is completely blue, then you're okay. If the end goes over the yellow lines and appears red, then you are pushing the limits.

Burning the DVD -

Now all you have to do is burn the disc. Click Recorder --> Burn Compilation (or hit CTRL+B). The default settings should be ok. Just click on the Burn button. If you get prompted whether or not you want to burn a multisession disc, respond Burn without multisession .

That's it! You now have a DVD-Video disc that can be played on a stand-alone DVD-player.

Since I got the Philips DVP642 i only mess with DivX and XviD and burn them as data, been a long time since I actually burned a "real" DVD........LOL

I have that same player. In fact, you talked me into buying it.

:)

But this movie was downloaded this way. I use Nero, and the directions in your link work. But it won't fit on a 4.7 gig dvd. going to have to get bigger ones. This film is very special, and it must be burned. Thanks for your help.

btw/ Does the Philips play dual layer?