Looking for GOOD rap.

bmc

ok i am on the neverending search to find GOOD rap. my opinion of good rap is none of that "im a gangsta with moolah and hoes in my escalade on big rims having sex wit my homiez in da hood of compton wit my 9 at my side" shit. any suggestions?

Here I go again:

Handsome boy modeling school, both albums: So, How's your girl? and White People

Danger Doom : The Mouse and the Mask

Immortal Technique: Revolutionary volumes 1 and 2

almost any Mos Def and almost any Common, Talib Kweli, Binary Star, Black Star, Dead Prez, Blackalicious, Reflection Eternal, of course there is always Nas.

Look for R.A. The Rugged Man.

MF Doom (one half of Danger Doom), Aesop Rock, Cannibal ox, Swollen Members, Jurrasic 5, Mob Deep.

That oughtta get you started.

Here I go again:

Handsome boy modeling school, both albums: So, How's your girl? and White People

Danger Doom :  The Mouse and the Mask

Immortal Technique:  Revolutionary volumes 1 and 2

almost any Mos Def and almost any Common, Talib Kweli, Binary Star, Black Star, Dead  Prez, Blackalicious, Reflection Eternal, of course there is always Nas.

MF Doom (one half of Danger Doom), Aesop Rock, Cannibal ox, Swollen Members, Jurrasic 5, Mob Deep.

thanks man, ive heard of Swollen Members, Nas, Mos Def, Common, MF Doom (was on gorillaz demon days cd) and Jurassic 5, but they never occured to me.

oh, and who is the rapper on All Alone by The Gorillaz?

Here I go again:

almost any Mos Def and almost any Common, Talib Kweli, Binary Star, Black Star, Dead  Prez, Blackalicious, Reflection Eternal, of course there is always Nas.

thanks man, ive heard of Swollen Members, Nas, Mos Def, Common, MF Doom (was on gorillaz demon days cd) and Jurassic 5, but they never occured to me.

The rapper on the Gorillaz is Del the funky homosapien, or deltron 3000. He had an excellent track on the judgement night soundtrack.

The video featured De La Soul, which is always a good grab, and they have put out an album in the past couple of years.

cool

im also aquiring a handsome boy modeling school album right now

H.B.M.S. is actually quite cool. It isn't all full on hip hop. It has some jazzy, poppy, trip-hop laces, as well as some good hip hop.

Del is actually on a track on the White People album called "World's gone bad."

I have just always dug Del's flows.

Here I go again:

The rapper on the Gorillaz is Del the funky homosapien, or deltron 3000. He had an excellent track on the judgement night soundtrack.

The video featured De La Soul, which is always a good grab, and they have put out an album in the past couple of years.

yeah i know of del, he is not involved in the newest gorillaz album Demon Days but i really have to download some Del. from what i have heard of Handsome Boy Modeling School, i like it.

You might want to check out Nocturna on KCRW--he plays a bit of hip hop, rap, jazz and world music, but its a bit more on the sophisticated side. You can check out the playlists on the front page in the evenings to see if anything catches your eye

http://www.kcrw.com/cgi-bin/db/kcrw.pl?sho...lt_type=program

You might want to check out Nocturna on KCRW--he plays a bit of hip hop, rap, jazz and world music, but its a bit more on the sophisticated side. You can check out the playlists on the front page in the evenings to see if anything catches your eye

sounds good, 10 pm, what time zone is that?

You might want to check out Nocturna on KCRW--he plays a bit of hip hop, rap, jazz and world music, but  its a bit more on the sophisticated side.  You can check out the playlists on the front page in the evenings to see if anything catches your eye

sounds good, 10 pm, what time zone is that?

Pacific time Zone, but you can download the day before at the kcrw website

Public Enemy, like Yo! Bum Rush The Show--some good old skool rap.

Sir Mix-A-Lot, Digital Underground, check them out also.

edit: Oh yeah, Ultramagnetic MCs and Kool Kieth! Check out his Dr. Octagon, Black Elvis personas... Some cool shit. But not gansta shit. Very wierd shit.

Edited by CTC Command

• 1 month later...