27 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest group of 2005

• Coldplay
    • Franz Ferdinand
    • Green Day
    • Oasis
    • Rolling Stones (still going strong)
    • Other (post below)

Green Day had that whiny hit, Boulevard of Broken Dreams, so that kind of propelled their new album out there.. making damn near every song a single and turning the video for Wake Me Up When September Ends into a quasi-war protest thing.

But Coldplay CLAIMS to be the biggest band or something really cocky like that. I forget what Chris Martin's words were. However X&Y wasn't all THAT great, IMHO, sooooo...... *sticks tongue out*

i didn`t think that any of the above-named bands (except the stones) were that good.......i certainly find franz ferdinand and green day (i like potato`s description of green day.. " WHINY ") to be very overrated.....the stones are there for sure..the rest just don`t hold a candle.....just my opinion..... :)

• 3 weeks later...

Chose Green Day (who woulda thunk the former little brats would go political and have Grammy buzz). have to admit, though, that most of these bands are boooring (at least now)---I'd like to take them for a cab ride www.entertainmentanytime.com and shake some sense into them. the truth is, when i hear most of the stuff on this list, it produces a result similar to what happens to the guy in the taxi when you repeatedly press the left and right arrow buttons.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no!

My favorite band gets airplay and has music video's that play in between reality tv on MTV!

I love when people abandon bands when they finally break through. It's like they arent' good if they aren't your dirty little secret.

I will testify that some bands get too formulaic once they taste success. It's that litte... "well, we sold 2 million with that song, so let's make it seventeen more times, change the lyrics, and put it together as an album" formula.

Even so... now that Green Day isn't a dirty little secret... I still enjoy their style.

Green Day is a largely generic pile of (pseudo punk/new age rock/metal) crap with a lead singer that can't sing.

Franz Ferdinand is annoying.

Nobody in Oasis can sing for beans; not too mention they're pious assholes.

The Rolling Stones should have quit a long time ago.

Coldplay is an annoying mix between U2 (the newer U2 material), Dave Mathews, and someone slitting their wrists.

i didn`t think that any of the above-named bands (except the stones) were that good.......i certainly find franz ferdinand and green day (i like potato`s description of green day.. " WHINY ") to be very overrated.....the stones are there for sure..the rest just don`t hold a candle.....just my opinion.....

I actually agree. As much as I think any new Stones is a waste of time, it's still much better than everything else listed.

As much as I think any new Stones is a waste of time, it's still much better than everything else listed.

The new Stones album is pretty good - and the new Ashley Beetle remix single of Rain Fall Down (Virgin) is excellent! - check it out :good job:

Coldplay claimed to be, but they kinda suck.

I don't pay enough attention to mainstream music to know. I get so wrapped up in what I like that I tend to block out everything that sucks. :D

Guest .::BeatFactory::.

I can't really decide seeing as how my music tastes change hourly but I still like *most*, if not all, music if it's good. You can't just beat a wooden box and say lalalala out of tune and expect me to like that trash... I do like all the above bands, but I as to the 'biggest band' of 2005, I had to put my vote down for Green Day. That's just a fact :-P

I can't really decide seeing as how my music tastes change hourly but I still like *most*, if not all, music if it's good. You can't just beat a wooden box and say lalalala out of tune and expect me to like that trash... I do like all the above bands, but I as to the 'biggest band' of 2005, I had to put my vote down for Green Day. That's just a fact :-P

Actually, if you had a guy beating a wooden block singing la laa laa la laaa out of tune, added some drum loops, and synth... you might actually like it.

Sometimes the coolest music comes from waaaaaaay out in left field. Like Kid Beyond... kind of a hip hop/trance/pop Bobby McFerrin, and he does live shows.

I'd also like to check out Bjork's album. Appearently, she did the whole thing on a laptop, and the entire album consists of layered vocals to provide the music for the tracks.