Donald Glover Talks Chance, <i>Star Wars</i>, <i>Spider-Man</i>, More in New Interview: Listen

NelsonG

Donald Glover Talks Chance, Star Wars, Spider-Man, More in New Interview: Listen

Donald Glover recently called into REAL 92.3’s “Big Boy’s Neighborhood” for an interview, as Complex points out. During their discussion, he touched on his latest Childish Gambino album (“Awaken, My Love!”), his award-winning TV show “Atlanta” (which he confirmed will return in 2018), upcoming roles (as Lando Calrissian and a mysterious Spider-Man character), his Migos shout-out at the Golden Globes, and more. Glover also addressed the rumors about a possible Chance the Rapper collaboration. “I mean, we definitely met up before, you know. I don’t know if I’ll see him again now that he’s won a Grammy,” he said. He continued:

We’ll see what happens, but yeah, we actually, like, sat down in the studio and worked hard for a little bit, you know. We’re both busy, but, like, I think, I mean, when he has, like, a moment when we’ve been sitting down and just working together, I think it’s just, like, about catching a vibe. Like, I really like that project that he did with, you know, the EP that he just put out [Merry Christmas Lil’ Mama]. I guess, like, it was around Christmas. I think that came from just sitting in the studio—from, like, I just wanna hang out with them. I don’t work with people over email anymore. I think it just doesn’t make good work, but it’s just that we have to find the time to, like, sit down together.

Listen to the full interview below; the Chance discussion begins at 15:31. Scroll down for a new photo of Glover with the Star Wars cast.

Chance featured on Glover’s 2012 mixtape Royalty. The next year, Glover appeared on Acid Rap’s “Favorite Song.” Check out “The Promising State of the Actor-Musician” on the Pitch.

View the full article