Wassup for the Weekend - 10/7/05

DudeAsInCool

I will start the weekend running this am with a bunch of errands and fighting LA traffic. Then Im stuck working on a database. I will watch the Yanks for fun and try to get some tennis in.

How about you all?

I'm afraid it's work for me this weekend.

Tonight.....it's 3 Doors Down at the Pavilion

Saturday.....Pat Green and friends at the Pavilion (all day)

and Sunday.....WWE at the Toyota Center (this should be loads o' fun!! :rolleyes: )

Today, work on a group project.

Tomorrow... interview 2 at this one place

Maybe go to a wedding reception two hours away...

Sunday..... beats me. I really should study though. Next week is going to suck.

nothing much until i leave tomorrow for DE again, then if all goes well, i'll be landing in London on monday night...meeting a bunch of people to see Alabama 3 at the Astoria tuesday night, then a big party and then back here on wednesday :)

Going into the attic to find Halloween decorations...wifey and granddaughter Brandi will be decorating the yard tomorrow for the ghoulish holiday. I'll be digging through boxes of comic books to pull out extras...I give away comic books along with candy for Halloween.

Funeral for my Great Uncle.

He died at the tender young age of 98. Other siblings of his have all lived to be at least 98. My grandfather is now 96 and the last of his siblings.

At that rate, I still have another 71 years to eke out before I can check out.

my grandma is 97. Her sister is 100. Their mother died 107. I still have a billion years to go then

I was wrong. My granpa has one more sister living.

She is a whipper snapper that is all of 103.

Good old fashioned catholic funeral today. And with a family the size of ours, it's all about weddings and funerals. Sometimes the only time wayward family members make it to town.

Tommorrow me, my dad, my uncle and my nephew are taking an hour drive to put my uncle on a plane back to Vegas.

As for right now, finished the post service luncheon, and then going to a little get together centered around my grandparents.

They live just south of Seattle with my aunt, and since everybody is in town right now, we're gonna get together.

They gave my grandfather a picture of the ship he and his brother worked on sailing from New York, thru the Panama Canal, and up to Sanfrancisco. My grandma said the sailors had potty mouths, but gramps didn't. I love those old stories.

Sidenote: Dave (my great uncle) was the last living graduate of the class of 1925 at one of the old local high schools.

btw/ How many times have you seen that band S.G.?

:)

only 11 spread out almost 5 years (and we dint go to any gigs in 01 and 02). but we've seen them in various incarnations as well as hung out. i showed a LOT of restraint this time--only the one gig on tuesday night.

sorry about your great uncle, E_C. Koop, giving out comics is a great idea, i think. :)

It's suppose to pour here in NJ all day, for the next 4 days really, I'll put together a nice playlist of music to listen to today, and do things around the house. then watch the EAGLES kick the cowboys ass.

Edited by MrBag

Funeral for my Great Uncle.

He died at the tender young age of 98. Other siblings of his have all lived to be at least 98. My grandfather is now 96 and the last of his siblings.

At that rate, I still have another 71 years to eke out before I can check out.

oh...i'm very sorry for what happened Excrement...

However i'm doing f***ing nothing in this weekend....

i hope, next saturday i'll drink a dozen of beers with my group.

yeah, my old man is 80...called this morning to say he got his stone drill back from the repair shop finally, but that cuz of the rain he can't come over and split this rock that we keep running over thats sticking up next our driveway... :lol: Our family record is my great-uncle Milford, who lived to be 99 and 8 months...still a youngin compared with EC's 103 year-old aunt.

This weekend. Well yesterday I slept in till 11 am, got up cuz kids were jumping on my head, had a big breakfast then laid back down and took a nap until 5 PM. Then I ate dinner and went and met my buddy the computer archangelist for coffee in Providence, and was home and in bed by 11 PM.

Today it is raining. So I am doing homework, creating a test on the Paleolithic/Neolithic/Prehistoric Bronze Age, and my part of a project on river valley civilizations, comparing the Egyptian myth of Osiris and the Epic of Gilgamesh. Woot, woot. Probably going back up to Providence for coffee later.

Tomorrow it depends on the weather. But I'd like to take all the kids to see the new Wallace and Grommet movie. Theres also a ton of housework/garage work that can be needs done. At least its Columbus Day so there's NO WORK!!!

And all weekend, listening to endless tons of Built To Spill, since I am still wicked psyched about their show in Boston at the Avalon last Moday that fucking totally rocked. :headbang: I'll post pics when my friend sends some he took with his phone.

Now I am going to switch the laundry and bring up dry clothes to fold. OMG I mean YAY

Edited by CTC Command

I don't view death as a loss, nor as an event of sadness. Even more so at 98 years old.

Grandpa is going nuts cause his vision is going, as is his hearing. At this point in his life his only joys are eating and sleeping, and sleeping being the top earner. That is a thing of sadness. He asks "What am I still doing here?"

80 and kickin ass, we could all hope for that.

Overall a good weekend, but long and tiring.