Progressive Rock

Umma

IF prog rock is included elsewhere I cant find it... it's way past my bedtime

I recently found and promptly downloaded.... well as promptly as dial up allows.... a couple of Starcastle albums (Starcastle and Fountains of Light) I had on vinyl years n years n years ago way back in the good old days.

They still sound so much like Yes that I wonder who copied who. Or was it all mere coincidence.

Right now we have Rock, which encompasses most categories, metal, and alternative.  Umma--are you splitting hairs again? :P

Absolutely...

but Prog Rock should come under Rock as should Psychadelic, Classic, etc etc

I was merely unsure if it had been put in the right place :P :P :P

It seems to me that most new music is like fast food....

it's ok for a quick bite (bit like a Big Mac.... oops... there's that dirty word again!) but it leaves you hungry for something more digestible.

Are there any new bands that could be classed as progressive?

• 2 months later...

i like my progressive rock british and from the early `70`s....bands like king crimson, caravan, gentle giant, elp , jethro tull, can, blodwyn pig, marrillion, cockney rebel, family....there certainly are many shades of progressive rock

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive-rock.asp

I think it would be a good idea to post the type of rock under the album of discussion--that way things can be easily identified, eg.

Bloodwyn Pig

Progressive Rock

I think it would be a good idea to post the type of rock under the album of discussion--that way things can be easily identified, eg.

Bloodwyn Pig

Progressive Rock

Most of these albums fit in 'By the Decade' anyway.... but I suppose a sub title defining what genre would do no harm when there is nothing more interesting to put in the sub title.