Do not buy iPod Nano just yet

method77

I've got the Creative Muvo.

It really is a nice MP3 player. It is clearly made with consumers in mind, rather than the music industry-pleasing DRM and Music-store orientation that has become common.

It is really intuative with a clever menu control. Everything is where it should be. It plugs into your computer like a USB pen. No additional crappy software, just drag and drop using the Windows file system. You can store anything on it, but only the music files will appear in the playlist. Albums are organised using folders.

Then there is the little stuff, like the way it rewinds the MP3 two seconds when you switch it on. It is the little stuff like that which makes me think some thought more than "hey - then we could force them to use our music store" went into it.

The only fault is the size of the memory, but at least it isnt pretending to be something it isn't.

I guess it isn't really a Nano alternative, but I think that it is everything technology should be. I wanted to rave about it and this seemed as good a place as any :)

My only complaint is the armband that came with it. I think the velcro must be on the wrong side - it is totally useless!

No nano for me... I like options, and 4GB just doesn't cut it.

You should see my shower.... multiple shampoos and conditioners, body washes, a bar of soap!... then the rest of my bathroom... a few toothbrushes, few toothpastes, few flosses.... yes, I am a girl who loves variety.

what, again? :lol:

Apple Computer Inc. has acknowledged customer complaints about flaws in its iPod nano digital music player, saying one problem is a "real but minor issue."

Early iPod nano customers have filled several Internet sites with complaints about broken and scratch-prone LCD screens.

Macworld magazine late Tuesday quoted Phil Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of worldwide product marketing, as saying the broken screens were due to a "vendor quality issue" that affected "less than one-tenth of 1 percent of the total iPod nano units that we've shipped."

read more...

He also said Apple had received few complaints about screen scratches, and that the iPod nano screen was made of the same materials used in other iPods. He said if customers were concerned about scratches, they should use a case.

If it really scratches as easily as people are saying... that's not a very comforting solution. It shouldn't scratch that easily.