NEW TO THIS

partycan

Hi all im new to this and am completley stook as to what to do ? can any1 give me a hand and help me out with downlading a dvd film and getting it on2 a dvd to work in my standalone player under my tv.

ive had a look around the site but can not find any info on this. :(

thanks for any info,

Best Regard's Partycan.

Hey Partycan.

Sadly life isn't as easy as that, but we can talk you throught it.

First of all, download and install Yet Another BitTorrent Client (ABC):

http://pingpong-abc.sourceforge.net/

Then go to one of these sites:

www.thepiratebay.org

www.mininova.org

and search for the film you want.

The file you want is called a torrent file. At mininova you are looking for "Download: xyz.torrent"

The file name will include a lot of text that will be meaningless to you, but as time passes you will learn to interpret it.

At The Pirate Bay, look for "Download this torrent". Read some of the comments and check the quality.

Open the torrent file with ABC (this may be automatic, or you may have to do open from location, or you may need to save the torrent file to disk, then open it using ABC.)

Choose a location to save the film.

As the file downloads, you will upload it to other people - hence the download and upload speeds.

Once it has downloaded, let us know and we can move on to the next stage.

Stuck?

BitTorrent FAQ

Slyck'd very good guide to BitTorrent

If you download an actual DVD, but don't have a dvd player on the computer, you're cd-r burner or cd rom will just show you a few files and not the movie.

It's literally waiting to be burnt.

m8 ? the abc software is not downloading, it says its working but nowt is coming down my end. i have 12 files in my folder where i have siad out the finished film

but there is no data in the 12 files so it carnt b downloading to me. ? how do i start abc to get the files.

Cheers m8 for any info

Regard's Partycan. :(

m8 ? the abc software is not downloading, it says its working but nowt is coming down my end. i have 12 files in my folder where i have siad out the finished film

but there is no data in the 12 files so it carnt b downloading to me. ? how do i start abc to get the files.

If you haven't deleted it, try to burn the entire folder to a disk.

m8 the folder has nowt in it but the 12 files but o bytes in them so thay are no good. thay seem to me as the start of the film eg download that is. The problem is

i carnt get the ABC torrent software to download the film to my pc, it says working in yellow but f-all is hapening. it dont work ? how do i get it to start.

Cheers Partycan.

But unless you have a dvd player in the computer that is all you would see in the folder. It reads as more than 4 gigs right?

Burn it. If you have nero or similar for burning, tell the program that it's an iso.

M8 the folder reads as location c\mydocuments\my dvds, size 0 bytes, size on disk

0 bytes, so there u have it if i was to burn that all i would have on the disk is 1 folder and 12 blank movie files no good to me m8 that. the problem is getting abc

torrent to download on my pc, where it says progress there is 0 % downloaded.

carnt get it to download even when it sat its working in yellow m8.

Regard's Partycan.

Ive give up carn't get it to work so thats it im out of hear.

Regard's, Partycan. :(

You will eventually get it. If others can do it, you can, too. Hang out in some of theotehr forums...you might like it here :scratchin:

Hey PartyCan, chill.

You are not going to be able to do this instantly - file sharing isnt that easy.

Downloaded films with BitTorrent isnt easy, but it is the best.

Most of us had the benefit of starting off downloading music with a tradition file sharing program. We could then slowly expand - learning one step at a time. I'm throwing you in the deepend.

Do you have a DVD burner?

Yes m8 i have 2 dvd burners, 1 is a sony + & - and the other is a liteon + & - dl.

can some1 tell me if im using the right program ABC to download or should i b using somthink eles.

Hang in there, im going mad m8 wouldent mind but carn't get abc to download.

Cheers Regard's

Partycan. :(