Anyone know anything about these indie bands?

DudeAsInCool

I hear these bands are hot. Anyone know?

My Bloody Vallentine

Bright Eyes

British Sea Power

Death Cab For Cutie

Graham Coxon

Interpol

Low

The Libertines

Cat Power

Squarepusher

The Coral

Desaparecidos

The Decemberists

• 3 weeks later...

have you googled them yet? i would but no time now--i will later if nobody's done yet. where did you hear/read of them? the only one i've ever heard of is My Bloody Valentine but don't remember when or where. sorry i can't be of any help.

Someone mentioned them at Zeropaid. Pitchfork is high on Death Cab for Cutie and Interpol.. I just would like to know if anyone here has listened to them...

On some lists of the best albums of the 90's, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless is usually near the top. They're not new really....

Death Cab for Cutie is alright.

Bright Eyes is nice. :)

I've heard ofa few of the others but I can't remember what was on the list.

Ohyea, Cat Power. They're alright too.

allmusic.com is good too.

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/top/90s/index10.shtml

I've decided to reach out and touch a few 'friends'.

With the exception of Coxon, each of these is heavily available. Coxon only returned results from a single person.

Stuff like My Bloody Valentine literally is heavily spread. They have a lot of music out there.:Here's to you:

Take a few days to really form an opinion on all of them though. ;)

I saw Cat Power at the 40watt in Athens, GA about a year and a half ago. The music was great...and that lady is oh so hot... my dream girl.................... but for some reason rock stars don't like me.

Indie is pretty big here in Athens. Dude you need to check out this Athens band ----> Elf Power. I have seen them at least a dozen times... they have some interesting new stuff out that they're calling something like... techno sub pop. I would search for them because their homepage isn't very up to date.

Keep us abreast of the Athens scene... Im sure people would like to know more about it

The ultimate authority on the music scene in Athens is Flagpole (it's a free news paper... very liberal ... many people here think that's a good thing) It has everything you want to know about what's happening in Athens, Ga music! Check it out at Flagpole

• 2 years later...
I hear these bands are hot. Anyone know?

My Bloody Vallentine

Bright Eyes

British Sea Power

Death Cab For Cutie

Graham Coxon

Interpol

Low

The Libertines

Cat Power

Squarepusher

The Coral

Desaparecidos

The Decemberists

Interesting to see how quickly things change--just about every one of these bands has now become a household name to anyone under 30--

I still dont know who Squarepusher, British Sea Powerr or Graham Coxon is

Interpol is the best rock group the past ten years hands down. I've mentioned them a lot of times. They were included in a list by New Yorker (I think) that had the best rock bands to come out of New York during the last 50 years. Major Joy Division influence. Their first album is a masterpiece and I'm not overdoing it

(Pitchforkmedia review from back then)

The Libertines are no more. Doherty is now solo and 'Babyshambles', Barat is now 'Dirty Pretty Things' and John Hassall is now 'Yeti'. Libertines made some brilliant tunes and were one of the biggest selling indie bands ever.

Death Cab For Cutie, Cat Power, The Coral, The Decemberists, British Sea Power, Graham Coxon and My Bloody Vallentine simply good. Nothing special. The rest I don't know.

Answering a 2 year thread hmmm...