What Was The Loudest Concert You Ever Attended?

MikeHunt

What was the loudest concert you ever attended??

Always brings back memories...aaaahhh the good old days ..when I used to be able to hear....what??..what did you say...huh???

For me its a tie between seeing:

1) Deep Purple and Uriah Heep perform on the same bill at a hockey rink that had terrible accoustics ..in the mid-west...

and

2) seeing John McLaughlin & Mahuvishnu Orchestra perform in a movie theater size venue at full outdoor concert volume.

My ears rang for days afterward. Both events.

Anyone else with golden (hearing-aid) memories??

Only one that freaked me out was Queen .....

probably due to overindulgence with Jose Cuervo.... yeah... couldnt have been Queen.... pfft

...had to be AC/DC when they broke out the cannons on for those about to rock!

Absolutely.

AC/DC during the Ballbreaker tour. It was billed as the last time they would be around and it was an event. They wouldn't serve alcohol at the concession, but the air was think with cannon smoke and some other skunkish substance. Empty liquor containers in the parking lot may suggest they might as well have let the drinks flow anyway.

Unfortunately I succumbed to my state for about 5 minutes and missed most of 'Rock and Rock ain't noise pollution'.

Only one that freaked me out was Queen

My favorite band of all-time!! Saw them in a small 2800 seat hall in Pittsburgh, called The Stanley Theatre. It was The Night At The Opera Tour. Feb. 20, 1976

Possibly the best concert I have ever seen. Loud too. But not the loudest.

rage against the machine

2 years ago in Athens

Yep, theyre definitely loud. But I wasnt standing right in front of them...so I didnt think of them