What Movies Are You Watching?

DudeAsInCool

(We started this thread for the Xmas holidays in the beginning days at Bk. I've just converted it, so its an ongoing thread about the movies we are all going to)

I'm looking forward to the new Mel Gibson movie. What about you?

Holiday movies? I'm looking forward to seeing "A Christmas Carol" (the 1951 release), "A Christmas Story" (hilarious with Darren McGavin), "Miracle On 34th Street" (the Edmund Gwenn version), and yes ... though it has nothing to do with Christmas ... "The Ten Commandments."

• 4 months later...

With the summer movie season approaching, I thought we should update this thread. Alot of BK people are talking about KillBill, Volume II. What's on your list? Let us know what to see and what no to see..

Other than Kill Bill which I saw last night, I am looking forward to Spider-man 2, The Hobbit and Fantastic Four (might sound lame considering the previous FF movie, but FF was my favorite comic book so I am hopeful they won't screw this one up). I also saw the preview for Van Helsing the other day which look pretty cool, but not too sure until I see more trailers.

Oh yea, I forgot about Troy. Loved the panoramic scene with all boats on the ocean carrying the Greek army in particular.

Edited by Wolfie

A friend invited me over to dinner to see Robert Altman's 3 Women tomorrow night. This movie about white trash was made shortly after Nashville and flopped in the theaters. Im gonna bring a copy of Suspended Animation, a thriller a friend of mine invested, which was directed by John Hancock (Bang the Drum Slowly).

I used to see everything in the theaters--but alot of the new movies have lost their storytelling verve to efx, efx and more efx. Call me jaded... :lol: But I will check out Wolfie's pics--at least Spiderman and Troy, and maybe Van Helsing...

• 2 weeks later...

I watched an excellent film last night. I believe that it was a flop at the box office.

"Equilibrium" is a fantastic film. The fight scenes are worthy, if not better, than the original Matrix. No pathetic excuses for guns not being involved in hand to hand combat. No extensive fight scenes between the easy-to-idolise main character and enemy number 1.

The plot keeps moving, with no obvious loopholes that arn't symbolism, which is expertly used to skip across unimportant events.

IMO, well worth watching.

I liked Kill Bill 2, just had to understand that it wasn't all about eye candy and ass kicking this time around.

edit: The Punisher sucked.

Edited by Potato

i realise that but it just showed us the story that we knew/predicted was going to happen, and why make one film so elaborate in its fight scenes and then make the second have "fuckass" fight scenes

fuckass..its off donnie darko

just saw kill bill 2...very disapointing

I thought KB2 was one of the better films I've ever seen. Beatrice only killed one person in the whole movie - Bill. And she killed 100s in the first - I thought that was kind of an artsy move.

Other than that - I loved her training, the grave escape scene, and the way she polished off the one-eyed woman (can't remember her name now) was no fuckass fight scene... that shit was tiiiiiiight ;)

the big lebowski (for the hundredth time) but LMAO as if it were the first (very easily amused over here). :lol:

I finally got the "Billy Jack Box Set" and watched all 4 last night...

Born Losers (I've seen a million times)

Billy Jack (I've seen just about the same amount...lol)

The Trial Of Billy Jack

Billy Jack Goes to Washington

The latter 2 I had never seen before and they were not as good as the first two but were still very watchable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully before tonight is over i'll be watching "Of Mice And Men"......

It is the remake not the original, I've never seen the original version.

"We gonna get us a couple of acres and we's gonna raise us some rabbits ain't we George.....you tell 'em George"......"That's right Lenny"

I thought John Malkovich played his role as Lenny to the hilt, he was worthy of any award that should have been given to him.