What Movies Are You Watching?

DudeAsInCool

Troy was pretty entertaining and the individual fight scenes were not half bad. Achilles (Pitt) was portrayed pretty well while Hector (Bana) came off as a bit of a 'wuss' imo. Keeping true to the character of Paris, Orlando Bloom is no Legolas in this one, lol.

The only part I did not like was that they omitted the role of the Olympian Gods from the story entirely which was the part I enjoyed reading the Illiad. The Gods if any had very passive roles in this adaptation of the Illiad.

They also the tweaked the ending so its a bit different from Homer's version.

I can't remember the last time I went to a theatre to watch a movie, I think it had to be the Star Wars movie before the last one that came out maybe Star Wars 1, its been that long........usually wait for DVD's........Loved the Lord of the Rings movies so far, hopefully I can go get Return of the King tomorrow or Friday.....last DVD I watched was Gangs of New York......for the 10th time, and lets see before that The Last Samurai........... :)

:)

But I do like just about anything Martin Scorsese (sp?) does, especially Kundun and Gangs of New York

does anyone like things like;

Once Were Warriors (an older pic made in New Zealand)

or how about Trainspotting

I like movies that Mike Leigh does :)

Just some thoughts

Edited by moonglow

• 1 month later...
Hopefully before tonight is over i'll be watching "Of Mice And Men"......

It is the remake not the original, I've never seen the original version.

"We gonna get us a couple of acres and we's gonna raise us some rabbits ain't we George.....you tell 'em George"......"That's right Lenny"

I thought John Malkovich played his role as Lenny to the hilt, he was worthy of any award that should have been given to him.

It's one of my favorite movies...I loved Gary Sinese in this...God it broke my heart what he had to do especially after what happened to the old dog...You know the old man regretted not killing that dog himself... :( awwww

Among the movies we've watched in the last week, Gothika is probably the most noteworthy. A decent keep-them-guessing thriller.

We just watched "About Schmidt" with Jack Nicholson...you'll either love or hate the movie...I enjoyed it and that last scene made me cry like a baby...

What can I say...Jack's the man.. :D

You know I felt the same way.

I'm not too emotional but lets say the movie hit my soft spot... two thumbs up.

And then Gothika - excellent horror. Better than I expected, only a couple holes, but scary and good!

The last movie I saw was Shrek 2 - very funny again and a high recommend!

We just watched "About Schmidt" with Jack Nicholson...you'll either love or hate the movie..

The director, Alexander Payne, also did Election with Reese Witherspoon. A good metaphor for society... Highly recommended :good job:

Just saw Mr. Moore's new flick.

Saw Shrek 2 twice not long ago.

The Day After Tomorrow was eh.

Spidey's next.

Right now I'm watching The Royal Tenenbaums (for the 3458734576th time).

I have seen pretty much everything in the Theaters right now, including Around the World in 80 Days. I don't recommend that :) I do recommend Shrek 2 just because Potato brought it up and The Gingerbread Man is the best character ever (Remember the thong scene Potato?).

Next up is Spiderman 2, then King Arthur.

Here's a recommendation for a good Indie film for those who want something different from the mainstream...I just watched it again for O the 1 thousandth time... :rolleyes:

Love the soundtrack.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

CHECK IT OUT:

[B]Pi[/b]

One of the most brilliantly innovative pieces of filmmaking I've ever seen surfaced at last year's Sundance film festival. The sad part was that I missed it there, but thank god for home video! Writer-director Darrin Aronofsky has created a film that will leave you with a sense of creepiness and taps into your conspiracy beliefs with this paranoia-ridden story. Shot in black and white film with some fresh camera work, Aronofsky makes you feel the danger coming in on all sides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Unlike many independent films, Pi actually has a fairly coherent, albeit obscure, plot. The cinematography is excellent as well. Filmed completely in black and white, with obscure and surreal settings, the movie tries very hard to brings the audience to the edge of the abyss that is Max's mind. The acting by Sean Gullette is highly convincing. The electronic music (courtesy of Clint Mansell of Pop Will Eat Itself) is top-notch. :scratchin: The movie is definitely worth the approximately Pi * e dollars I paid for it and I highly recommend checking it out at a local independent theatre near you.

Requiem is seriously hard-core. I thought he could've done better had it been a little less intense... but then again that makes a movie to talk about. Marlon Wayans did a good job in that flick in a serious role.

But I like this guys work, what else has he done? Just Pi?

Requiem is seriously hard-core. I thought he could've done better had it been a little less intense... but then again that makes a movie to talk about. Marlon Wayans did a good job in that flick in a serious role.

But I like this guys work, what else has he done? Just Pi?

Watchmen (2005) (announced)

Flicker (2004) (announced)

Lone Wolf and Cub (2004) (announced)

Requiem for a Dream (2000)

... aka Delusion Over Addiction (2000)

Pi (1998)

Protozoa (1993)

Supermarket Sweep (1991)

Got it off of : http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0004716/

(I know you could've googled but hey you asked.) :wha':

Hey thanks, yeah I'm lazy... :)

So it seems I only missed Protozoa (1993) and Supermarket Sweep (1991)... Anybody seen those? I bet they're a bit different as they are much earlier work and he was probably still defining his style....

Looking forward to the announced releases though!

• 3 months later...

There's one movie I always watch when it's on TV:

Steel Magnolia's

I've watched it over ten times now and I will see it again this winter.... I hope!

BTW: I noticed that when I buy a film on DVD I never watch it anymore! Its in the closet, and then I think: I will watch it when it's in TV, and when it is broadcasted I think: I do not need to watch, it is in my closet!

(gone with the wind - once upon a time in the west)

Do you have the same?