what do you pay?

rainbowdemon

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I pay $0.

I take the bus as it's route is right where I need to go (I work in a downtown area, and there's no parking anyway).

Yes they pay for gas, but I'm technically paying a fare and couldn't do the math to tell you what percentage of the fare goes towards gas.

$3.12 for Super Unleaded.

A friend of mine said he saw SuperHiTest (for Lamborghinis, Ferrari's, etc) for over $6 in Brentwood at the local 76.

If I bought my gas in Beverly Hills it would be over $3.50

Experts expect it to rise to over $4 in the states

http://money.cnn.com/2005/08/31/news/gas_p...dex.htm?cnn=yes

4.77 per Canadian gallon in Canadian funds.

That would be 4.24 per U.S. gallon in Canadian funds.

Grand total of 3.57 per U.S. gallon in U.S. funds for final comparison. [regular unleaded]

Regular unleaded went from $2.59 to $3.30 in a matter of 3 hours today thanks to the pipeline being out of commission (associate w/ power outages caused by the hurricane). I hear it'll be $4.00 a gallon by tomorrow... :(

i just paid $2.87. There was a closed station whose last price was 2.69, but most everything I drove by was pushing 3 or was over.

NPR reported the price of gas will likely go up anywhere from .65 to $1.10 more than it was before the hurricane.

$17 for 6 gallons... :reallymad: What was in that "energy bill" congress passed and W signed? More corporate subsidies for companies with not the foresight to imagine that perhaps having most of your refineries in a flood zone might not be a good idea?

If i could I'd take the bus like Ken does, but the public transportation in RI totally sucks. Go figure. In a state where nothing is more than 50 miles away from anything else the busses don't do much outside the metro area of Providence (unless you want to go to the beach.)

Premium topped $3 a gallon here today at most places. I thought it would be much (.50 to .70) more in Californie. You surprised me, Dude. I guess I'll have to call my buds down at the pipeline and have 'em turn the tap on yo ass a little tighter. :lol:

As of last night, the legal lowest in my area was $2.96/gallon, though most stations were at $2.99.

I heard that it's supposed to go up another 20 cents today.

(i work at a gas station)

I AM SO SICK OF HEARING PEOPLE BITCH AND MOAN ABOUT THE GAS PRICES. I have to buy gas too! Telling me that buying lottery tickets is necessary and I should sell winners so they can pay for gas is ridiculous, telling me that it's all Bush's fault is stupid too. Everyone thinks they're so goddamn original with their lame witty comments, but I hear them out of every other customer's mouth. If you don't like it, please don't blame it on me. Do not tell me your political beliefs. Don't blame the hurricane on Bush. If you really hate it, STOP DRIVING.

Tuesday was insane. The gas at my station jumped from $2.55 to $2.72 (the legal lowest was $2.65), and people were going nuts. The place was so busy for my entire 8 hour shift, I was positive everyone in the area filled the tanks on all 5 of their vehicles.

i hate my job....

^^^^ my rant from zp.

And today, gas has jumped that 20 cents I mentioned above... so $3.19.

I am the manager of a local c-store, right now our gas is $3.09, $3.19 and $3.29.

The day before yesterday I was changing the price sign outside from $2.59 to $2.65 and a fellow drove by and called me a "motherfu**er".......yesterday when it went up to $3.09 a guy hollered at me and asked if the pumps were the same as the sign and I replied "yes".....he called me a "low life dirty motherf**er".

Today a woman came in the store and looked at me and said...."I hope all you dirty f**kwads that have raised the price of the damned gasoline all fu**ing die".

I wish people would get it through their hard assed heads that I don't make the prices, that decision is made somewhere else and then I get the call and have to do what my job is. Imagine the folks down in New Orleans right now......I bet they would pay more for a gallon of drinking water and not even care, gasoline is the least of their worries right now.

Edited by Cerebral_Assassin

Oil: US scrambles for fuel after emergency ...........

Oil held strong near US$69 a barrel on Thursday as the United States scrambled to replace fuel supplies lost when Hurricane Katrina slammed into Gulf of Mexico rigs and refineries.

President George W Bush told Americans he expected close ally Saudi Arabia to do "everything it can" to provide the United States with more oil and said there would be zero tolerance of price gouging at the petrol pump.

US crude was off nine cents at US$68.85 a barrel by 1709 GMT, below the record US$70.85 hit on Tuesday. London Brent crude was up 10 cents at US$67.12 a barrel.

Petrol futures on the New York Mercantile Exchange (NYMEX) continued their relentless rise to a high of US$2.465 a gallon then eased to US$2.355, up 9.97 cents on the day.

The US holds plenty of crude in its strategic stockpile and has offered to loan some of it to refiners, but the gesture does nothing to address an immediate shortage of petrol. European operators dashed to charter ships to the US coast.

"In short, the US is facing a major petrol crisis and is starting from a nearly empty tank," said a Barclays Capital report.

Europe was unnerved by how ill-prepared the world's biggest economy was for Hurricane Katrina's rampage.

The European Commission said it wanted to revive a plan to coordinate EU oil stocks. In Germany, election challenger Angela Merkel said she could envisage tapping German oil reserves, but her comments were smartly rebuffed by the government.

France announced it would give financial aid to millions of families to help them cope with sky-high oil prices, and promised to boost renewable energy.

"We have entered the post-oil era," Prime Minister Dominique de Villepin told a news conference.

The European Central Bank raised its inflation forecasts for this year and next, noting soaring oil prices were pushing up the cost of goods and services. The ECB raised its projection for the crude price by US$12 to US$62.8 a barrel in 2006.

"We really need to see signs of slowing demand from China, India and the United States before prices can come off appreciably," analysts at Refco said.

The US oil industry remained shaken after Hurricane Katrina, with most offshore production from the Gulf of Mexico down, about 10 per cent of US refining capacity paralyzed, and pipelines struggling to restart. At least 20 rigs or platforms were adrift, listing, sunk or missing.

The US Department of Energy said some of the eight refineries shut by Katrina could take months to restart, with reports that floodwaters swamped at least three in Louisiana.

European operators have booked 20 petrol cargoes to the United States since Monday to take advantage of red hot US petrol prices, brokers said on Thursday.

"Crazy gas (petrol) prices are certainly reflecting a perception of tighter supply in that product," said Bob Frye, a trader at Access Futures and Options Trading.

"As soon as we start hearing about isolated pockets where gas is unavailable, the emotional response is likely to drive things higher."

Further potential supply disruption could come from Nigeria, where the main workers' union threatened a strike, saying proposed fuel price hikes by the government of the world's eighth-biggest crude exporter were unacceptable.

source:REUTERS

post-59-1125619471.jpg

4.77 per Canadian gallon in Canadian funds.

That would be 4.24 per U.S. gallon in Canadian funds.

Grand total of 3.57 per U.S. gallon in U.S. funds for final comparison. [regular unleaded]

1,03 euros/litre

can someone convert?

about $1,30--lucky you. :)