What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

The Temptations - Papa Was A Rolling Stone

Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" is was written by Motown songwriters Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong. The song was released in 1972. It was the group's last classic hit.

Long version

George Michael cover

The Temptations - Papa Was A Rolling Stone

Papa Was a Rollin' Stone" is was written by Motown songwriters Norman Whitfield and Barrett Strong. The song was released in 1972. It was the group's last classic hit.

It was their last #1 hit. In 1973 they had a #7 hit with Masterpiece and that was their last top 10 hit although they hit the top 40 another 6 times. It goes without saying that they charted better on the R&B Billboard charts than they did on the top 40. Motown at it's finest 4sure. Their 5cd box set Emperors Of Soul (1994) is great.

LCD Soundsystem - Beat Connection (from Epic Dance Mix)

The Jerk Movement is a dance company from Canada. This is their interpretation of Jame's Murphy's Beat Connection from the the LCD Soundsystem album.

I was reminded of this particular song at El.bows where I ran across this Epic Dance Mix ... which was really what I was posting about in the first place B) The DJ has put together a nice selection of tunes, many of which you can download

Sting - If On A Winter's Night (2009)

His new album is coming out October 27, 2009. I guess if you like Sting it is ok. I'm not a fan and this one is another in the series of "not interested".

I guess I'll go back to playing 60s Motown. :lol:

01 - Gabriel’s Message

02 - Soul Cake

03 - There Is No Rose Of Such Virtue

04 - The Snow It Melts The Soonest

05 - Christmas At Sea

06 - Lo How A Rose E’er Blooming

07 - Cold Song

08 - The Burning Babe

09 - Now Winter Comes Slowly

10 - The Hounds Of Winter

11 - Balulalow

12 - Cherry Tree Carol

13 - Lullaby For An Anxious Child

14 - The Hurdy-Gurdy Man

15 - You Only Cross My Mind In Winter

post-269-1255055030_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redneck4sure

Sysense - Diagram

Sysense is an electronic producer from Texas and a regular contributor here. You can download this house mix right HERE

Ormatie - Birthdays (Original Mix)

Photy - Gambala

Butch - Amelie (Format B Remix)

Slok - Freak

Adryan & Sandrino - The Deepest

Marcus Sur - Hub And Spoke

Bates45 - Where The Heart Is (Original Mix)

Madutec - Flutter Kick

Waltek - Ottica Deep (Minitec Mix)

Gramophonedzie - Why Dont You (Original Mix)

Jim Siver - Secret Valley (Original Mix)

Marshall & Baldo - Swahili Song (Original Mix)

Rekardo Rivalo - Mi Casa Su Casa

Umek - 2nd To None (Original Mix)

Dave Kurtis - Last Night In Miami (Dave Kurtis Remix)

DCA Project - Sandcastles (John Dahlback Remix)

Chris Mimo - Flatline (Original Mix)

post-9-1255055743_thumb.jpg

Charlotte's Gainbourg/Beck - IRM

This is the title track of Charlotte's new album, which in English. means MRI - the French actor/singer underwent brain surgery after a ski accident, and the music is influenced by that.

According to Pitchfork, the album, which is produced by Beck, is due out early next year. You can download the track HERE after supplying your email address.

post-9-1255066209_thumb.jpg

ClassiXX - Cold Act iLL (2008)

I've been catching up on ClassixXX's ever since their remix work for Phoenix. Here are some other samples of their work.

This was the first single released by the LA electronic duo.

Beni - My Loves See You

I"ll Get You feat. Jeppe/Kitsune

Yacht - Psychic City

Phoenix - Lisztomania

Groove Armada - I Won't Kneel

Groove Armada is an electronic pop duo from the UK - it is comprised of Tom Findlay and Andy Cato. This cut is from their new album, Black Light, which will be officially released in November. You can listen to it below, or listen to it and download another free song from the band at the Groove Armada's Official Website

Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone (Deadmau5 Remix)

Calvin Harris is a Scottish electronic producer. Deadmau5 is an electronic artist from Canada. This song first appeared on Calvin Harris's album, Ready For The Weekend, and has been covered by a number of artists including Tiesto

Here is the original

Low Motion Disco - Things Are Going To Get Easier

Low Motion Disco are an electronic outfit from Switzerland.

The original song was entitled, Ooh Child, and was recorded by The Five Stairsteps in 1970.

The Five Stairsteps - Ooh Child

aaron|MySpace Videos

Patrick O'Hearn - Beyond This Moment

Patrick O'Hearn is an electronic producer who specializes in ambient music. While a jazz musician in the early 70s, he met Frank Zappa, who encouraged him to explore electronic music. This song is from the album, So Flows The Current, which was released in 2001.

Michael Jackson - This Is It

This is Michael Jackson's latest single, which is being released in advance of the upcoming movie. This Is It, the film, is comprised of Michael's Jackson's last Rehearsals and will be in Theaters on October 30th.

The BBC reports that the "new Michael Jackson track premiered on Monday was written in 1983 by the star and singer Paul Anka" ...

Temper Trap - Love Lost (Live on the BBC)

The Temper Trap are an indie band from Australia. This cut is from their debut album, Conditions, which was released last month.

Here is the original:

Brazilian Girls - Sire Nes de la Fete

Brazilian Girls are an experimental pop band from NY and Senegal. This cut is from their self-titled album, which was released in 2005.

Anyone know why the Youtube players have become so miniaturized?

Royksopp - Tricky Tricky (Salem Remix)

This remix of Royksopp’s latest single, “Tricky Tricky” featuring Fever Ray was submitted as part of their remix competition. Click the link and get the download at Soundcloud, or drop by Steregum or Pretty Much Amazing.

Tricky Tricky (Salem's remix) by Salem

Percy Sledge - When A Man Loves A Woman (1966)

Percy Sledge is an American R&B singer. This song hit number one on both the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B singles charts. and is listed 54th in the List of Rolling Stone magazine's 500 greatest songs of all time.

Calvin Harris - Flashback

Calvin Harris is a Scottish producer with a sense of humor. This song has just been released as a single and appears on his new album, Ready For The Weekend.

Here is another cut to sample - this is the title song from his 2007 album:

GIRLS

People Under the Stairs-”Trippin’ at the Disco”

People Under The Stairs is an underground hip-hop group from LA.

The Passion of Weiss best describes their latest single/video:

In predictable People Under the Stairs fashion, the video for “Trippin’ at the Disco,” the lead single from “Carried Away,” released today on Om Records, remains severely unsung, rivaling Alchemist and Oh No’s “Under Siege” for funniest rap video of the year. Assuming the premise that “in March of 1980 two young rappers from Los Angeles appeared on the ‘Chikara Kurahashi Hit Station’ variety show in Tokyo.

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis - The Road

This ambient cut is from the soundtrack of the upcoming movie adaptation of Cormac Mccarthy's celebrated novel, The Road. Cave and Ellis have previously collaborated on music for both theater and films - most notably the 2007 film The Assassination of Jesse James.

Phaseone - Love Test (Only)

Phaseone is an electronic producer from St. Louis. This cut is from his latest album, Thanks But No Thanks. It also appears on his new mix tape, White Color Crime, which includes some oldies (Burial, Panda Bear, Animal Collective) and some new goodies. You can download it courtesy of Gorilla Vs Bear or The Passion of Weiss. B)

post-9-1255629246_thumb.jpg