What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Little Boots - Stuck on Repeat (2009)

Victoria Hesketh is known professionally as Little Boots. She is a British electronica musician, who sings, plays synthesizers including a Japanese electronic instrument called the Tenori-on and the stylophone. This is the 12" single.

E6E6E6
1010106G6lI-PfYw

Stuck on Repeat - Little Boots

"6 guns loaded"....Britny Fox...from the album "Bite Down Hard" (1991)....one of my favourite 80`s metal bands....some great riffs...

Britny Fox is an American glam metal band from the Philadelphia area, initially active from 1985 to 1992 then subsequently reforming in 2001...The band was originally fronted by lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist "Dizzy" Dean Davidson....They also won Metal Edge Magazine's 1988 Reader's Choice Award for Best New Band.

post-193-1234046700_thumb.jpg

post-193-1234046747_thumb.jpg

"Nailed to the Cross"....John Norum...from the album "Optimus" (2005)..

Optimus is the sixth solo album by John Norum, the current guitarist in the Swedish hard rock band Europe. It was released in 2005.

John Norum (born on 23 February 1964 in Vardø, Norway) is a Swedish hard rock guitarist of Norwegian background and co-founder of the Swedish band Europe. Concurrent to his role with Europe, he also maintains a side solo project. Norum was born in Norway but he grew up in Sweden. During his career, Norum also played with Eddie Meduza & The Roaring Cadillacs, Dokken, Don Dokken's solo band as well as side collaborations with other artists including Glenn Hughes. While living for a few years in the US, he met and married Michelle Meldrum, founder and lead guitarist of the Swedish-American heavy metal band Meldrum.

post-193-1234047230_thumb.jpg

post-193-1234047384_thumb.jpg

"Pipe Dream"....Dave Brock..from the album "Strange Trips and Pipedreams" (1996)....the original HawkLord and in my view, one of the greatest and most underrated rock guitarists ever to land on earth from outer space... :lol:

Dave Brock (born David Anthony Brock, 20 August 1941, in Isleworth, Middlesex) is an English musician who writes, sings, and plays electric guitar and synthesizer. He is best known as being one of the founders and musical focus of the English space rock group Hawkwind, and is the only member of the group to have been a constant throughout the band's history.

http://www.starfarer.net/gtrstuff.html

post-193-1234050019_thumb.jpg

post-193-1234050031_thumb.jpg

post-193-1234052121_thumb.jpg

Count Bass D - "What I Do" from the album L7 (2008)

Count Bass D (aka Dwight Conroy Farrell) is an American rapper, record producer and multi-instrumentalist from Nashville, Tennessee.

"The Key"...Baker-Gurvitz Army..from the album..."Elysian Encounter" (1975)

Baker Gurvitz Army was a short-lived English rock group. .Their self-titled debut album featured a blend of hard rock laced with Ginger Baker's unmistakable drumming and the twin lead playing of brothers Paul Gurvitz and Adrian Gurvitz....founders of Gun..one of the first power trios...who released "Race with the Devil" in 1968...

Their first album was released the same year and featured a dynamic mixture of heavy rock, guitar themes propelled by Baker's irrepressible drumming.

The band recorded two more albums, Elysian Encounter and Hearts Of Fire...

post-193-1234347732_thumb.jpg

"On the Road Again" (Alternate take)...Canned Heat from the double CD...."Canned Heat-UNCANNED!" (1994)...an excellent long (7 min) version of this beauty with a spine tingling harp solo by the late great Bob (The Bear) Hite...wicked stuff...

post-193-1234360942_thumb.jpg

post-193-1234361752_thumb.jpg

"Poor Moon".....Canned Heat.....

Canned Heat/Poor Moon/Lyrics

Ever since I was a kid

You sure looked good to me

Now I'm a man full-grown, and I

Know what I hate to see

(Oh well)

It might be tomorrow

(Oh well)

I just don't know

(Oh well)

It might take years

I wonder when they're going to

Destroy your face

It may seem silly, but I don't like

What's been coming down

'Cause you've been looking good too long

To change your colour now

(Oh well)

They might test some bomb

(Oh well)

And scar your skin

(Oh well)

I don't think they care, so

Destroy your face

I hope I see you in the sky

At night when I get old

I hope you'll look about the same

As when I was a boy

(Oh well)

It gets me to gasping

(Oh well)

When I think about

(Oh well)

What they might do

Destroy your face

Well, you sure look good

In the sky at night

And it's sad to say

You won't shine so bright

Some day

When they're through with you

I bet you've seen the cloud we make

That covers up our rain

I wonder if you'll hide behind

A shroud like that some day

(Oh well)

I'm worried about it

(Oh well)

It makes me sigh

(Oh well)

I just can't help it

Destroy your face

(Oh well)

It might be tomorrow

(Oh well)

I just don't know

(Oh well)

It might take years

Destroy your face

post-193-1234362780.jpg

Eric Johnson - Cliffs of Dover

Eric Johnson is a guitarist from Austin, Texas. He's best known for fusing jazz, rock, new age and country music. This performance was captured live in 1990.

Tears For Fears - Shout (Live in Belgium - 2006)

Tears for Fears are an English pop rock band formed in the early 1980s by Roland Orzabal and Curt Smith.

Mike Bones - What I Have Left

Mike Bones (aka Mike Strallow) is one of the top guitarists on the New York underground/indie scene. He has worked with the Soldiers of Fortune, Damon McMahon and Lizzie Trulie. He has now stepped out as a solo artist, and this cut was recently released as a single.

The Jawa - Solstice

I am always on the look out for new musicians and music and found this mix today over at Reddit's We Are The Music Makers. Has a nice peppy feel to it, so i thought I would share it with you.

Listen or Download it HERE

post-9-1234727267.gif

Soulja Boy ft. Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Fabulous - "Turn My Swag On" (Remix - 2009)

This is the latest from the greatest. Listen to it Pigeons & Planes, where I copped the photo :)

post-9-1234729106_thumb.jpg

Miles David - Tutu

This cut originally appeared on his Amandla album (1986), one of my personal favorites. Pretty amazing musicianship!

You can listen to a performance of it live here:

Or see the music video from yesteryear

Weather Report - Birdland (1978)

Weather Report was an influential jazz fusion band of the 1970s and early 1980s combining jazz and latin jazz with art music, ethnic music, r&b, funk and rock elements. Joe Zawinul is on the keys, Jaco Pastorius is on the bass.