What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

U2 - Get On Your Boots (2009)

Get On Your Boots, the first single from U2's new album No Line On The Horizon - it will be available for digital download on February 15. Listen HERE

Album Tracklist

1. No Line On The Horizon

2. Magnificent

3. Moment of Surrender

4. Unknown Caller

5. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight

6. Get On Your Boots

7. Stand Up Comedy

8. Fez - Being Born

9. White As Snow

10. Breathe

11. Cedars Of Lebanon

post-9-1232390541_thumb.jpg

Empire of the Sun - We Are The People (2009)

This is the Australian band's latest single from the upcoming album, Walking On A Dream, due out in February

E6E6E6
101010bWXHn1d_rU

We Are the People - Empire of the Sun

Bonus: Here is the title track from the album

Empire of the Sun - Walking On A Dream - (Dorkatronique's Dirty Dream Remix)

Dorkatronique is a dj from Melbourne, Australia. This was literally just released. Pretty hot track, me thinks. Empire of the Sun is the breakout band of Aussies who are super hot, and they havent even released their album yet.

Get the dream remix @ Electrorash.com

post-9-1232405367_thumb.jpg

Kleerup - Tower of Trellick (2008) from the album, Kleerup.

Andreas Kleerup is a Swedish record producer best known for his electro-pop.

E6E6E6
1010107PE2qDF8ZB

Tower Of Trellick - Kleerup ft. Titiyo

post-9-1232442529_thumb.jpg

Titus Adronicus - Upon Viewing Brueghel's "Landscape With The Fall of Icarus"

Titus Adronicus is an indie band from Glen Rock, New Jersey. This cut is from the band's latest album, The Airing Of Grievances, which was released in 2007.

E6E6E6
101010SlEleH9TCn

Upon Viewing Brueghel’s “Landscape With The Fall Of Icarus" - Titus Andronicus

Read more/download the tune @ RcrdLBl

post-9-1232504926_thumb.jpg

Fukkk Offf - Rave Is King (Le Castle Vania Remix)

Fukkk Offf is an electronic funk dj from Hamburg, Germany. Rave Is King is his latest ep. The remix is by Le Castle Vania,a dj from Atlanta.

"Cherry Red"...."Split"...the Groundhogs...

Following the success of THANK CHRIST FOR THE BOMB and a gruelling tour with the Rolling Stones, Groundhogs leader Tony McPhee suffered a nervous breakdown. Where most rock stars would settle for an elongated period of pampered rest in an expensive clinic, McPhee decided to write a suite of songs about it.

The result was SPLIT, possibly the greatest hard rock album of all time.

What used to be side one of the vinyl edition featured SPLIT PARTS 1 to 4, a gut churning chronicle of the aforementioned breakdown. McPhee never tried to make his music pretty in any way. His guitar sounds metallic in such a way that you'd think the strings had rusted. It's furious stuff. SPLIT PT 2 especially is superb. McPhee managed to cram more ideas into one song than most of his peers put into a whole album!

Side two -track 5 on the CD - opens with CHERRY RED, which should be regarded as the all time classic guitar led rock song. The album closes with a solo version of John Lee Hooker's GROUNDHOG. THe guitar playing defies belief.

If ever music could be described as ugly, this is it. But as the logo on the golden syrup tin says, out of the strong came forth beauty... :thumbsup:

post-193-1232513874_thumb.jpg

"BILLY BOY ARNOLD: Dirty Mother..." (1977)

this is shit hot terrific...killer...Tony McPhee destroys on this...destroys...and what a greasy tone... :thumbsup:

Featuring a recording session from 1977 available on disc for the first time, which reveals two like-minded hard-blues gods getting on like a house afire. Both Billy Boy Arnold and the backing unit here, Tony McPhee & the Groundhogs, were arguably as good as anybody at their instruments (Arnold on harmonica and McPhee on guitar) and DIRTY MOTHER represents one of the best meldings of Chicago and London electric blues. Very highly recommended for fans of hard electric blues.

Personnel: Billy Boy Arnold (harmonica); Tony McPhee (guitar); Alan Fish (bass guitar); Wilgar Campbell (drums).

Recording information: Pathway Studios, London, England (1977).

post-193-1232523058_thumb.jpg

"Sky Pilot"...Eric Burdon & the Animals from the album "The Twain Shall Meet" (1967)

Great tune. That album also has "Monterey" on it. That was another great hit for them. I saw that album in cyberspace just a few minutes ago somewhere. It was mp3 and I already have mp3 so I didn't get it. If it had been lossless I would have grabbed it.

"why_d_ya_do_it"...marianne faihfull..originally from the album "broken english" (1980)...

click link for a killer live version of this song recorded in hollywood in 2005 ..(and a set of the explicit lyrics)..the vid is on youtube too...

http://www.actionext.com/names_m/marianne_...d_ya_do_it.html

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=nH6bAMKA5fU

post-193-1232664538_thumb.jpg

Yardbirds - Having A Rave Up (1965)

01-Mr. You're A Better Man Than I

02-Evil Hearted You

03-I'm A Man

04-Still I'm Sad

05-Heart Full Of Soul

06-Train Kept A Rollin'

07-Smokestack Lightning

08-Respectable

09-I'm A Man

10-Here 'Tis

post-269-1232733318_thumb.jpg

"Trick or Treat"...Fastway..from the album "Trick or Treat" (1986)

Fastway are a heavy metal band formed by guitarist, "Fast" Eddie Clarke, formerly of Motörhead, and bassist, Pete Way, formerly of UFO...

With their first album "Fastway", a critical and commercial success, Fastway released another success in the form of "All Fired Up"...In 1987 Fastway was approached to make the soundtrack for the heavy metal horror film, "Trick or Treat". The film soundtrack re-established Fastway as a hard hitting metal band. The soundtrack was a moderate success, and stayed on the Billboard Top 200 chart for eleven months...

post-193-1232796473_thumb.jpg