What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

People - I Love You (1968)

The highlight of this album is the title track. I've read that the album version is longer that the 45 (single) version that was a hit....their only hit. :lol: I only have the album version which is four and a half minutes. The single version reached #1 in several countries and reached #14 in the United States. I bet I'm the only one on this board that remembers them. Dude has heard of them but his brain is fried from cheap drugs and alcohol. Koop has heard of them too but he is senile as a result of his triple digit age factor. Sir Droopy is the only other possibility. The more I think of it, I'm sure he knows the group and tune.

EDIT: I found a couple of pics of the 45 and you can clearly read the play length as 4:37 so the 45 was the same version as the album. It is interesting to note that the vid below is 3 min. Go figger.

Tracklist:

1.1000 Years B.C.

2.Nothing Can Stop The Elephants

3.Ashes Of Me

4.Crying Shoes

5.I Love You

6.What We Need Is A Lot More Jesus And A Lot Less Rock n' Roll

7.The Epic

post-269-1224650477_thumb.jpg

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355">

Edited by Redneck4sure

Cherry People - Cherry People (1968)

A little obscure pop from 40 yrs ago. Their only hit was the first track.

post-269-1224736630_thumb.jpg

Tracklist

1.And Suddenly

2.Girl On The Subway

3.On To Something New

4.Imagination

5.Mr.Hyde

6.Do Something To Me

7.Ask The Children

8.I'm The One Who Loves You

9.Don't Hang Me Up, Girl

10.Light Of Love

Cherry People - Cherry People (1968)

A little obscure pop from 40 yrs ago. Their only hit was the first track.

post-269-1224736630_thumb.jpg

They're still around, Red - Link. I sort of remember them, but I can't place the tune - do you have a link for it?

Here is their only hit.

silly link thingie

I was noticing that the Cherry People as a band are still around but there is not one original member left. :sad:

No wonder i couldn't remember the song - that was awful! :lol:

He looks old....and nasty. :lol:

A couple of posts are missing from this thread from late yesterday. What happened?

He became a redheck :o

Chase - Chase (1971)

Lots of horns similar to Blood, Sweat & Tears. Their only hit was Get It On and it is linked below.

The pic is the front cover of their album and I don't have the back cover so I'm not posting a jpeg. :lol:

Tracks

1.Open Up Wide

2.Livin' In Heat

3.Hello Groceries

4.Hand Bags And Gladrags

5.Get It On

6.Boys And Girls Together

7.Invitation To A River:

a) Two Minds Meet

B) Stay

c) Paint It Sad

d) Reflections

e) River

The Real Tuesday Weld - It's A Wonderful Life, from the album London Book of the Dead.

The Real Tuesday Weld are a British band, fronted by lead singer and founder Stephen Coates. They are known for producing jazzy cabaret-style music with subtle electronica influences, a style dubbed "antique beat" - Wikipedia

Its a Wonderful Li(f)e - The Real Tuesday Weld

post-9-1224814271_thumb.jpg

That was bad Dude. Worse than the Cherry People. :lol:

I play real classics.

Now Playing:

The Barbarians - The Barbarians (1965)

The first track is Californie material 4sure.

Here be track list thingie

1.Are You A Boy Or Are You A Girl?

2.Mr.Tambourine Man

3.House Of The Rising Sun

4.Maria Elena

5.Bo Diddley

6.Memphis

7.What The New Breed Say

8. Take It Or Leave It

9.I'll Keep Seeing You

10.Linguica

11.Susie Q

12.I Got A Woman

13.Moulty

post-269-1224823143_thumb.jpg

The Real Tuesday Weld are a great band - they actually know how to play their instruments. Not sure about your Cherry boys :lol:

I remember liking the Are You A Boy, Or Are You A Girl single from The Barbarians - do you still have it? B)

Production values were kind of weak back then, but the song was not bad for 1965 - they almost sound like Paul Revere and the Raiders

The Critters - Younger Girl (1966)

The title track sounds a lot like the Lovin' Spoonful. Most of the others don't. I have a .rar file with the first 2 tracks (192cbr mp3 7megs) right >>>here<<< if you are interested.

tracks

1.Younger Girl

2.It Just Won't Be That Way

3.Gone For Awhile

4.Children And Flowers

5.Everything But Time

6.Come Back On A Rainy Day

7.Mr.Dieingly Sad

8.I Wear A Silly Grin

9.Best Love You'll Ever Have

10.Forever Or No More

11.He'll Make You Cry

12.Blow My Mind

post-269-1224825747_thumb.jpg

Edited by Redneck4sure

Dude, you need to drop by the trailer park for some music. You are "musically challenged" 4sure. Go ahead and admit it. My tunes are better than your tunes. If you don't think so.....read my sig. :lol:

Boyce & Hart - Test Patterns (1967)

I like Boyce & Hart.

tracks

1.Out And About

2.I Should Be Going Home

3.In The Night

4.My Little Chickadee

5.For Baby

6.Sometimes She's A Little Girl

7.Abe's Girl

8.Shadows

9.I'm Out To Get You

10.Life

post-269-1224909308_thumb.jpg

I've got that vid as a 30meg mpg file. If you want a copy to keep let me know. :lol:

Zager & Evans were another one hit wonder 4sure. Great tune. I knew it was going to be a hit the first time I heard it. I'm kinda psychic that way. Read my sig again. :lol: