What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

The Kings of Leon are a rock band made up of the three Followill brothers and one cousin, based in Tennessee, United States. They play Southern brand of indie rock, and blues.

True Love

Love Is Colder Than Death .....Down And Out. Love is Colder Than Death, commonly abbreviated LiCTD or LICTD, is an early German heavenly voices / neo-classical / neo-medieval band that was one of the corner stones to Hyperium Record's Heavenly Voices compilation series of the early 1990s.

Edited by DudeAsInCool
Added info on the band

Nice one, Toyboy!

Apple Snails - Rose-Colored Shade from 'Pre-mortem rigitidy Vol. 1'.

Apple Snails is an experimental/psychedelic/ambient band that I found via Motel de Moka.

post-9-1201853100.jpg

Kings of Leon - Knocked Up, from the cd, "Because of the Times"

Kings of Leon are a rock band made up of the three Followill brothers and one cousin, based in Tennessee, United States. The group's name is derived from Nathan, Caleb, and Jared's father and grandfather, both named Leon. Jared and Caleb were born in Tennessee, while Nathan and Matthew were born in Oklahoma. The brothers spent much of their youth travelling around the SSCS with their father, a traveling United Pentecostal Church preacher and their mother, who taught them when they were not in school. According to Wikipedia, they are one of Radiohead's favorite bands.

post-9-1202031918_thumb.jpg

post-9-1202032424_thumb.jpg

9919157_full.jpg

Where did you come up with that? Do you have the vinyl? Do you have any of their other tunes? That is a rare 45 4sure. I have it on hard drive but none of their other tunes. That track actually made it to the top 40 pop charts in the very early 60's and probably did even better on the R&B charts.

Marvin Gaye is great stuff, Dude. I picked up an album of his a few minutes ago but haven't listened to it yet.

Now playing:

Smith - Minus/Plus (1969)

Here are the album covers sorta. The front cover is correct, however the back cover is from a cd release that uses the original artwork but has the tracks listed over the pic. I do have the original vinyl album thanks to ebay but I wish I had the cd as well. I have never seen that cd listed anywhere. There is a German cd release of this album but it doesn't have the bonus track shown on the cover I posted. That track happens to be off the self titled Gayle McCormick solo album released in 1971. I also have that vinyl album.

More info than anybody wanted, right? :lol:

post-269-1202980767_thumb.jpg

post-269-1202980800_thumb.jpg

Checkmates, LTD. - Love Is All We Have To Give (1969)

Tracks:

Proud Mary

Spanish Harlem

Black Pearl

I Keep Forgettin’

Love Is All I Have To Give

The Hair Anthology Suite

Black Pearl is the only hit (pop charts #13, R&B #8) on this album and for the group for that matter. Lead singer is Sonny Charles. This album is another Phil Spector wall of sound production.

post-269-1203213035.jpg

Dolly Parton - Backwoods Barbie (2008)

She still sounds the same. I read that this album will be released for sale in the U.S. in a couple of weeks.

Track listing

All songs were written by Dolly Parton, except where noted.

01. "Better Get to Livin'" (Parton, Kent Wells) – 3:33

02. "Made of Stone" – 4:13

03. "Drives Me Crazy" (Roland Gift, David Steele) – 4:12

04. "Backwoods Barbie" – 3:19

05. "Jesus & Gravity" (Betsy Ulmer, Craig Wiseman) – 4:40

06. "Only Dreamin'" – 5:36

07. "The Tracks of My Tears" (Smokey Robinson, Pete Moore, Marv Tarplin) – 3:33

08. "The Lonesomes" – 3:18

09. "Cologne" – 3:42

10. "Shinola" – 4:12

11. "I Will Forever Hate Roses" – 3:26

12. "Somebody's Everything" – 4:17

post-269-1203220527_thumb.jpg

Producer, songwriter, musician and Balearic DJ sound pioneer Phil Mison aka Cantoma has championed the chill-out music genre since its inception in the early-90s, after being inspired by listening to jose padilla at the cafe del mar.

Cantoma - Pandajero

The Replacements - Unsatisfied from their 1984 album, Let It Be

Unsatisfied Lyrics courtesy of Lyrics Depot

Look me in the eye

Then, tell me that I'm satisfied

Was you satisfied?

Look me in the eye

Then, tell me that I'm satisfied

Hey, are you satisfied?

And it goes so slowly on

Everything I've ever wanted

Tell me what's wrong