What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

The Monkey Swallows The Universe - Sheffield Shanty

This band just broke up. Sad, because I was just getting into them

post-9-1199512922_thumb.jpg

Moby (ft. Aynzil and the 419 Crew) - "Alice"

"The left-wing Christian born Richard Hall returns this March with Last Night, his first album of new material since 2005's Hotel.... This returns him to the semi-anonymity of a 1990s electronica star. Guest rappers Aynzil and the 419 Crew hog the spotlight while synthesized strings, reversed drum sounds, electric guitar, and the kind of propulsive bassline that gave Play's "Bodyrock" its title make it clear this is still Moby..."

Read More @ Pitchfork's Forkcast

Nice!!! Totally my favorite.

Welcome to Beatking, JeauxKing :thumbsup:

Fear of Flying - Bowery Electric

Bowery Electric was a New York City-based musical duo formed by Lawrence Chandler and Martha Schwendener in 1994. Bowery Electric's music defies easy classification. The group earned critical acclaim for experimentation across several genres and mixing elements of ambient, drone, electronic and experimental music with '70's soul, dub, disco, experimental rock and hip hop. They were one of the first American bands to perform live with a laptop, mixer and sampler on stage alongside bass, drums, and guitars. - Wikipedia

post-9-1200130369_thumb.jpg

Frankman is a German dj who specializes in house music. House music is a form of electronic music that is strongly influenced by elements of the late 1970s soul- and funk-infused dance music style of disco.

Frankman - Underarms

Dusty Springfield - Cameo (1973)

1. Who Gets Your Love

2. Breakin Up A Happy Home

3. Easy Evil

4. Mama's Little Girl

5. Other Side Of Life

6. Comin And Goin

7. I Just Wanna Be There

8. Who Could Be Lovin You Other Than Me?

9. Tupelo Honey

10. Of All The Things

11. (How Can I) Learn To Say Goodbye

post-269-1200218344_thumb.jpg

Here's another cut by the funkmeister - the video is not very innovative, but that's not the point :lol:

Deep House / Pino Shamlou - Big City Lights (Frankman remix)

The Kings Of Convenience - Sing Softly To Me (from their cd, 'Quiet Is The New Loud' (2001))

The Kings of Convenience are a Norwegian duo comprised of Erlend Oye and Eirik Glambek Boe. They are often compared to Belle & Sebastian or Simon & Garfunkle. They make nice music.

post-9-1200555871_thumb.jpg

Shelby Lynne - Just A Little Lovin' ... Inspired By Dusty Springfield (2008)

Not bad but I prefer Dusty's version of these songs.

1. Just a Little Lovin'

2. Anyone Who Had a Heart

3. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me

4. I Only Want To Be With You

5. Look Of Love, The

6. Breakfast In Bed

7. Willia & Laura Mae Jones

8. I Don't Want To Hear It Anymore

9. Pretend

10. How Can I Be Sure

post-269-1200566116_thumb.jpg