What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Ministry - In case You Didn't feel Like Showing Up (live)

Pop Will Eat Itself - This is the Day, This is the Hour, This is This!

mountain...nantucket sleighride.....one of my faves.....leslie west..another great guitarist ..... :strumma:

Nantucket Sleighride

(by Mountain)

from the album of the same name...

Goodbye, little Robin-Marie

Don't try following me

Don't cry, little Robin-Marie

'Cause you know I'm coming home soon

My ships' leaving on a three-year tour

The next tide will take us from shore

Windlaced, gather in sail and spray

On a search for the mighty sperm whale

Fly your willow branches

Wrap your body round my soul

Lay down your reeds and drums on my soft sheets

There are years behind us reaching

To the place where hearts are beating

And I know you're the last true love I'll ever meet

Starbuck's sharpening his harpoon

The black man's playing his tune

An old salt's sleeping his watch away

He'll be drunk again before noon

Three years sailing on bended knee

We found no whales in the sea

Don't cry, little Robin-Marie

'Cause we'll be in sight of land soon........

`The term "Nantucket Sleighride" was coined by the whalers to explain what happened after they harpooned a whale. The first harpoon was not intended to kill the whale but only to attach it to the whale boat. Then the whale would take off... pulling the whale boat along on a "Nantucket Sleighride". The whale would tire itself out, then the leading officer in the boat would use a lance and stab the whale until dead.''

post-59-1107599564.jpg

The Gift - John Adorney From the cd 'Beckoning" on the Max label. It's a new age thingy that's spinning off the satellite station...

steve vai...bad horsie.....heavy, heavy, heavy riffing...go steve.....from the dvd " live at the astoria "

Steve Vai - Guitar, Vocals

Billy Sheehan - Bass

Tony Macalpine - Guitar, Keyboards

Virgil Donati - Drums

Dave Weiner - Guitar

post-59-1107769517.jpg

I am currently capitivated by Jimmy Wayne's debut cd. You can get a sample here: http://www.jimmywayne.com He has an interesting life story and before he got his record deal he was a corrections officer. He was in and out of foster care too. He's had a bit of a rough life, but I am amazed by his outlook on life and his music.

Mylo - Emotion 98.6 (Destroy Rock 'N Roll Label)

With influences ranging from Prince ('Guilty Of Love') through to Daft Punk ('Ottos Journey') and even Scissor Sisters ('Musclecar Reform Reprise'), it's little wonder that The Face described him as 'Scotland's answer to Royksopp'. By refusing to adhere to any one musical style, Mylo may well become one of the most misunderstood artists of his generation, yet despite this, expect this totally absorbing debut to make its mark on the end of year 'best of' listings. Breastfed. 2004. - Amazon

Hernan Cattaneo - Renaissance Masters Series I, II (2005)

Electronic Music From the Left Coast - Plej (2005)

Robbers on High Street - A cut from their upcoming album. Pretty good stuff - they sound like a modern version of The Kinks