What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

A Tribe Called Quest - Can I Kick It (Boilerhouse Mix)

Lou Reed meets Hip Hop. This song appears on the album Revised Quest for the Seasoned Traveller

Lou Reed - Walk on the Wild Side (2003 Remastered)

Lusine

Jeff McIlwain (aka Lusine) is an electronic producer from Seattle, Washington. You can find the song on his album, A Certain Distance, from Ghostly International. Britta Johnson, video director for Andrew Bird, adds a nice touch.

Two Dots featuring Finnish singer Vilja Larjosto

Ask You

The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Young Adult Friction

The Pains of Being Pure At Heart are an indie pop band from New York. Their first (self-titled) album was released earlier this year.

I know there was a reason i posted this - the band released a new ep today - Higher Than The Stars - which you can check out HERE

post-9-1253861062_thumb.jpg

Miike Snow - Black & Blue

This is the latest single from the Swedish trio.

You can also check out a nice Savage Skulls remix over at SheenaBEaston - and a Punks Jump Up Mini-Mix ep if you sign up to Miike's mailing list.

The Pet Shop Boys - Did You See Me Coming

This cut is the band's latest single from the album, Yes, which was released in May via Parlophone Records. Sorry I missed them at The Greek tonight, but I had guests in town :(

You can see the

Their next single is called Beautiful People - it will be released in Germany and Austria on October 2

Daniel Wang - Die Zeit ist ein Fluss (2002)

Daniel Wang is an electronic producer from the US - he currently resides in Germany. A tip of the hat to 0x51d@youtube for the find.

Orbital - Halcyon

This cut is from the album, Brown Album (aka Orbital 2), which was released in 1992 and as a single -- Beautifully mashed to Kubrick's film 2001 ...

Monsters of Folk

Monsters of Folk is the supergroup collaboration between folk rockers Conor Oberst, M. Ward and My Morning Jacket's Jim James. Vocal harmonies are terrific and reminiscent of Crosby, Stills and Nash. Here are two samples: Dear God (Sincerely M.o.F.) sounds a bit like the soul band, The Impressions. You can check out more of the album over at Youtube or Myspace, or listen to a review of the album @NPR - it's one of the better releases of the year.

Dear God

Zero7 - Everything Up (Zizou)

This is UK band's new single from the album, Yeah Ghost, which will be released on Monday. You can stream the album at a number of websites - start HERE

Here's the Joker and Ginz remix of the song:

The Byrd's - Wasn't Born To Follow (1968)

The harmonies of the Monsters of Folk made me think of this song. It appears on the Notorious Byrd Brothers album as well as the Easy Rider Soundtrack. I've always like the fuzz guitar on this track.

Bill Withers - Railroad Man (1974)

Bill Withers is a singer/songwriter/performer and multiple Grammy winner, best known for his hits "Aint No Sunshine", "Lean On Me" and "Just the Two of Us." A tip of the hat to GhostEnthusiast@Twitter for the turn on.

E6E6E6
101010M5PP3EUEEm

Railroad Man - Bill Withers

Barbra Streisand - Love Is The Answer (2009)

Love Is the Answer is the forthcoming album of jazz standards by Barbra Streisand to be released September 29 2009. The album was produced by Diana Krall and features orchestral arrangements by Johnny Mandel. A deluxe edition will contain a bonus disc featuring versions of the songs with just Streisand's vocals and Krall's quartet.

She has a great voice but I'm not much on her music. Wifey wanted to hear it. I'd rather endure Barbra than my wife so here we go. :lol:

TRACKLIST

CD1

01. Here's To Life [04:36]

02. In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning [04:03]

03. Gentle Rain [04:21]

04. If You Go Away (Ne Me Quitte Pas) [04:17]

05. Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most [04:34]

06. Make Someone Happy [04:09]

07. Where Do You Start? [04:28]

08. A Time For Love [05:14]

09. Here's That Rainy Day [05:05]

10. Love Dance [04:44]

11. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes [04:24]

12. Some Other Time [04:58]

13. You Must Believe In Spring (bonus track) [04:04]

CD2

01. Here's To Life [04:32]

02. In The Wee Small Hours Of The Morning [03:59]

03. Gentle Rain [04:21]

04. If You Go Away (Ne Me Quitte Pas) [04:13]

05. Spring Can Really Hang You Up The Most [04:34]

06. Make Someone Happy [04:03]

07. Where Do You Start? [04:27]

08. A Time For Love [05:14]

09. Here's That Rainy Day [05:04]

10. Love Dance [04:44]

11. Smoke Gets In Your Eyes [04:18]

12. Some Other Time [04:44]

Here's an article about the album/interview with the artist

post-269-1254052352_thumb.jpg

Edited by DudeAsInCool
Added NY Times article

Kings Of Leon - Crawl

This cut is from the brother's last album, 'Only By The Night'. Next up -- according to Wikipedia, the band plan to release a Live DVD and a remix album

Creed - Full Circle (2009) 320

This is their new album that is to be released October 27, 2009. I got it just in case my son wants it and I thought I'd give it a listen. It's okay, I'm just not interested in new music much. He is welcome to it. :lol:

Track List:

01 A Thousand Faces

02 Slow Suicide

03 Just Fine

04 Don't Give Up

05 Full Circle

06 Bread of Shame

07 Catch Me

08 Overcome

09 Glass Houses

10 Suddenly

11 Away in Silence

12 On My Sleeve

13 Rain (Bonus Track)

14 Fear (Bonus Track)

post-269-1254072167_thumb.jpg

Tipper

(Dave) Tipper is an electronic, Breakbeat and hiphop producer from the UK.

No Dice (from the album, Surrounded)

Odd From Every Angle (from the album, The Seamless Unspeakable Something)

Air - Mer du Japon (Teenagers Remix)

For those who are interested, Air will be hosting a listening party later today for Love II at the Official Air Website - i will update this post as soon as it goes live. In the meantime, you can download a mini-mix of the album right HERE - you can also grab a free video over at ITunes.

post-9-1254117543.jpg

Tokyo Police Club - Nature of the Experiment

The Tokyo Police Club is a garage band from Canada. You can find this song on the mini-album, A Lesson in Crime (Memphis Industries, 2007).

The Whitest Boy Alive

The Whitest Boy Alive is singer/guitarist Erlend Øye (Kings of Convenience) 's German band. The following songs appear on the album, Rules, which was released at the beginning of the year.

Keep a Secret

Dead End (Live)

The album version

We Were Promised Jetpacks - Quiet Little Voices

We Were Promised Jetpacks is an indie rock band based in Glasgow, Scotland. This song was released as a single in June and appears on their debut album, These Four Walls, via Fat Cat Records (Twilight Sad, Frightened Rabbit)