What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Memory Tapes - Bicycle

MemoryTapes is apparently an offshoot/collaboration between Memory Cassette and Weird Tapes - don't know either of those offerings, but my guess is that they are all one and the same person ... and I like what I hear. This is a single and the website says the artist is working on a full album - will.check.it.out.

You can stream or download the tune @ FADER

post-9-1245388370_thumb.jpg

Burial & Four Tet - Moth/Wolf Cub

Moth/Wolf Cub is a collaboration between the anonymous UK dj Burial and Kieran Hebden of 4Tet. This is one side of the single, which was released via 4Tet's own Text label in May. Burials first release was one of the top rated albums at Metacritic. You can read more about it if you like at Pitchfork.

post-9-1245389663.jpeg

Frou Frou - Breath In

Frou Frou is a collaboration between musician/vocalist Imogen Heap and producer/arranger/songwriter/musician Guy Sigsworth. This cut is from the album Details, which was released in 2007. You can check out the original video

E6E6E6
101010wPP9CI18Qm

Breathe In - Frou Frou

Jarvis Cocker - You're My Eyes (Disco Song) (Pilooski Remix)

You're My Eyes is out as a single via Rough Trade records. Pilooski, an electronic pop artist from France, has put a nice spin on the track.

Check it out @ The Hype Machine or JPs blog

post-9-1245408321_thumb.jpg

D'Angelo - Use Me

D'Angelo performs a cover of the Bill Wither's tune with Eric Clapton, David Sanborn & Friends

Yah - Where Would You Be

Yah is a Chicago R & B artist. He reminds me of Marvin Gaye. This song is from his 2008 album, Lonely Night.

Britta Phillips & Dean Wareham - Your Baby

Britta and Dean used to be in a band named Luna - they make shoegaze music. This song is from their 2003 album, L' Aventura.

E6E6E6
101010C3Jxtnae7-

Your Baby - Britta Phillips and Dean Wareham

post-9-1245617109_thumb.jpg

I Like Where I Live - At Sea With The Microcat

I Like Where I Live is an electro-pop band from Glasgow, Scotland, This cut is from their new ep, Coordinates. The band is offering up the full package for free - you can get it at The Yellow Stereo - nice!

Air France - GBG Belongs To Us

Air France is an electropop duo from Gothenberg, Sweden. The band has just posted "a love letter in three parts" at their official website: it consists of new single to download, GBG Belongs To Us; a video of the same; and travel directions to their hometown - all to promote their upcoming project on Sincerely Yours. Nice!

For us, geography and architecture are essential elements of pop. It may be slightly naïve, but I have to believe there's a way for pop music to prevent commercial takeover of public spaces, a way for pop to demolish shopping centres and make room for a city's inhabitants. The City, whether it's here or somewhere else, is yours. This small, simple project, named GBG Belongs to Us, is a selection of love letters to the places and the people who makes this town a lovely one to live in. To everyone who's heart skips a beat at the sight of an intersection, feeling dizzy at the amount of routes available, and to everyone who believe that a city is not just a home, it's a lifelong companion.

Best,

Air France, June 2009

Thanks to the fine folks over at LaCinta for the head's up. Enjoy.

post-9-1245620297_thumb.jpg

The Sound of Arrows - M.A.G.I.C. + Curtis Vodka Remix

The Sound Of Arrows is a pop band from Stockholm, Sweden. Curtis Vodka is a dj from Alaska. Listen/download @ RcrdLbl

Bonus: You can also check out a Kenobii Mix, which has more of a DnB take on the tune:

<a href="http://kenobii.bandcamp.com/track/m-a-g-i-c-the-sound-of-arrows-kenobii-rmx" rel="external nofollow">M.A.G.I.C. the sound of arrows Kenobii RMX by kenobii</a>

Last but not least, here's a mini-video of the original song;

The Sound of Arrows - M.A.G.I.C. (Mini-video) from The Sound of Arrows on Vimeo.

The Gotan Project - Last Tango In Paris (Live)

The Gotan Project is a nu jazz tango band from Paris. This song appears on their 2001 album, La Revancha Del Tango.

Fanfarlo - Luna

Fanfarlo is a band out of England. They have been compared to alot of different bands Arcade Fire, Beirut, or Clap Your Hands Say Yeah. This song is currently the most popular track at El.bows. I Guess I'm Floating has been singing their praises since February ...

E6E6E6
101010X_UcHGaSSz

Luna - Fanfarlo

post-9-1245652392_thumb.jpg

Stimming - The Kiss (2009)

Stimming is an electronic/techno artist from Hamburg, Germany. This cut is from the album, Reflections, which is available on Beatport.

The National - The Runaway/Blood Buzz Highway

Not sure why I didn't post these cuts before, but here are a couple of relatively new live National songs with Doveman on the keyboards. A tip of the hat to Brandon @ Stereogum, who has also posted the mp3s.

The Runaway

Blood Buzz Highway

Doveman - Hurricane/Breathing Out (2009)

It's hard to keep up with Thomas Bartlett (aka Doveman) these days. Between his tour engagements with Bon Iver, David Byrne, Martha Waignwright, Antony & the Johnsons, Nico Muhly, Sam Amidon and The National, it's hard to believe that he has had time to make a new album of his own.

Luckily for us, The Conformist is on the way in the fall - Doveman's follow-up on Brassland to his 2007 album, With My Left Hand I Raise The Dead , and his catchy 2008 cover project of the entire Footloose soundtrack.

Check out the following new songs - Breathing Out @Stereogum and Hurricane @ Brooklyn Vegan - and you can see why I'm looking forward to The Conformist.

Photo: Brooklyn Vegan

post-9-1245794242_thumb.jpg

The Radio Department - Messy Enough (2009)

The Radio Department are a shoegaze band from Sweden. This song appears on their latest ep, David. An older version can be found to download on the official Radio Department website along with a ton of other free live songs, outtakes, etc. Everyone seems to universally like the title track, David, but I think this is the best song on the new album.

Bradley's Almanac has posted their entire recent show @ NYCs Popfest - listening now and the quality is very good B) - the track list is below:

01. New Improved (new)

02. Freddie and the Trojan Horse

03. Pulling Our Weight

04. I Wanted You To Feel The Same

05. The Worst Taste In Music

06. 1995

07. Sprint Time (new)

08. Sleeping In

09. Where Damage Isn't Already Done

10. Why Won't You Talk About It?

11. Keen On Boys (new)

12. Messy Enough (new-ish)

Yoko Ono - I'm Not Getting Enough (Dave Aude Dub)

This cut hit the top of the Billboard Dance Charts in May. You can listen to the song at ILike. It's available on ITunes.

post-9-1245817927.jpeg

post-9-1245817933.jpeg

Nighttime Concert

A redditer posted the music of his wife today. It's nice acoustic music and she has a lovely voice. Listen HERE

post-9-1245867491_thumb.jpg

Ulrich Schnauss - Knuddelmaus

This cut is from the German electronic producer's 2001 album, Far Away Trains Passing By.

The Roots - How I Got Over (2009)

This is the latest song from the band - live from tonight's Jimmy Fallon

Souvenir - Drums, Sex, and Dance

Souvenir is an indie duo from Spain. This is the title track from their new album. There is also a nifty remix by Johan Agebjörn @ MySpace or The Hype Machine (I posted it last year in this forum, but can't find it :lol: )

Ta Machine (Latest video)

SOUVENIR: Ta Machine

A tip of the hat to Passion of Weiss for the update, and who has graciously posted some additional samples from the band.

post-9-1245945918_thumb.jpg

Fela Kuti & Afrika 70- "Zombie"

Fela Kuti was a Nigerian and the founder of afrobeat music. He was a lady's man, too - he had 27 wives! This is the title track from his 1977 album.