What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

We Plants Are Happy Plants - Apollo

We Plants Are Happy Plants is an electronic dj from Hungary. This cut was the most popular track on the Hype Machine for May according to Pretty Much Amazing

Yo La Tengo: "Periodically Double or Triple" (2009)

This is the band's latest single. It will appear on their upcoming album, Popular Songs. Check it out at either Pitchfork or Stereogum or El.bows for more music discoveries.

Happy Friday everyone!

post-9-1244242366_thumb.jpg

Teengirl Fantasy - Now That's What I Call Vol. 2 (2009)

Connor over at I Guess I'm Floating is pretty excited about a new electronic duo from Oberlin College - Teenage Fantasy. Their music sounds like an upbeat version of The Knife. See what you think.

Check it out HERE

post-9-1244242935_thumb.jpg

The electronic/media artist's name is Pogo (via Perth, Australia), but he posts on Youtube as Fagg0tron :lol: Here are some more samples of his ingenious work.

Alice In Wonderland (Mashup)

And the Multi-Image Version

Alohamora from Harry Potter

dZihan and Kamien - Busted (AM28 Remix)

dZihan & Kamien are a downtempo duo from Vienna, Austria. This cut is from their latest album, Music Matters via Couch Records. Not sure who AM28 is :sad:

Here is the original:

E6E6E6
101010aiAkvAZuFU

1 Busted feat Edgar Tones - dZihan & Kamien

The Juan MacLean - The Simple Life (2008)

The Juan MacLean is an American electronic musician. This cut was released as a single last year.

Henrik Schwarz - Where We At (Live in 2008)

Henrik Schwarz is an electronic dj from Germany. This track was also released as a single.

As I stop, and take the time

To inventory, the inside of my mind

I realize, it's not as full as it used to be.

With images of justice, or desires of liberty

The world has changed, or is it me that's new?

A different set of morale's from a different set of clues

So still I wonder, is this all there is to life?

The ever changing cycles, in a world that's damp and ripe

There must more, yah my heart I hold to this

I've enjoyed love and I've seen the peace and bliss

But as you know, all things must end, except the need for faith

And the spirit that's within to keep you strong

Move forward with power, program yourself to feel

With depth enough to know what's up and heart to sense the real

Where you at?

As I stop, for the frame we set aside

Below the baseline a secret place awaits for us to hide.

To pass the time as the war goes on-and-on.

A post-apocalyptic sunset, a post-apocalyptic dawn

Of just a though of the world we want possessed

A place that wasn't honest was just a house with an address.

Of existence, wrought with fear and mistrust, a life inside a box

No life inside of us.

Find you soul, use your inner voice,

The road less traveled, is now the path of choice.

Realize, with time comes change

New attitudes, new values, priorities rearranged.

Move forward with power, program yourself to feel

With depth enough to know what's up and heart to sense the real

Where you at?

Tom Tom Club - Genius of Love

Tom Tom Club is an American new wave band founded in 1980 by Talking Heads alumni Tina Weymouth and Chris Frantz

Jimi Hendrix and Buddy Miles - Power of Soul *Live*

This cut was recorded on New Year's Eve in 1970 at the Filmore East and appears on the album, Band of Gypsys

Mellowdrone - Fashionably Uninvited (2006)

Mellowdrone is a trio from LA who play lofi and psychedelic rock. This cut appears on the soundtrack for the indie horror film, The Invisible.

Pezzner - Brooklyn New York (Justin Martin Remix)

Pezzner is an electronic dj from Seattle - Justin Martin is an electronic dj from San Francisco; both specialize in house music. Thanx to GhostEnthusiast from Philly for the head's up.

Patrick Watson - The Great Escape

Patrick Watson is a Canadian singer-songwriter. This song appears on his 2006 album, Closer to Paradise.

Empire of the Sun are an Australian electro-pop duo. The following tracks appeared on their 2008 debut album, Empire of the Sun. Their next album, Walking On A Dream, will be released in October.

Country

Half Mast

Standing On The Shore will appear on the new album. Not sure what I think of the video; the cinematography is beautiful and "was shot in the northern parts of the most isolated city in the world, Perth, Western Australia", according to youtube; the song is sort of catchy, too: but the subjects at hand sort of escapes me ... i guess they're sun gods ... :lol:

Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye (Jason Bentley Remix)

The Silversun Pickups are an LA indie band. Jason Bentley is the music director at KCRW. This was remixed in 2007, but tonight's the first time I've heard it.

Broker/Dealer - Miss You, Soft Cell

Broker/Dealer (aka Bishop and Fitzgerald) are two electronic dj artists from San Francisco. I got turned on to them this evening while listening to KCRW in my car.

Check out "Miss You" over at Better Propaganda, which is from their 2003 album, Initial Public offering; and "Soft Cell", the title track from their latest ep, over @MySpace.

post-9-1244454161_thumb.jpg

I have none of his albums. How bout U?

I have the kenny rankin album on a failed hard drive - will probably retrieve the data in a month or so. That album is a classic - get it!

I have the kenny rankin album on a failed hard drive - will probably retrieve the data in a month or so. That album is a classic - get it!

Data retrieval is quite expensive. It's much cheaper to back up your data.

Ask me how I know. :lol: