What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

It's Window's only :sad:

well mate...don`t feel too bad...for some bloody reason that little surround sound mp3 player that you came across won`t play on this vista box....direct x issues i think....although i`ve got the latest direct x installed on this pc...go figure.. :sad:

Spandau Ballet - True (1983)

Spandau Ballet are a popular British band famous in the 1980s who sold over 25 million albums. Initially inspired by the New Romantic fashion, they quickly steered in to a mixture of funk, jazz, soul and synthpop, then eventually mellowed into a mainstream pop act. This cut, believe it or not, was written as a tribute to Marvin Gaye - it's the title track for their 1983 album. John Hughes used it in his teen comedy, 16 Candles. The band is currently in the process of reforming.

some interesting blog-type stuff on Crystal Castles D.A.I.C...who did the 'Air War' vid you posted a couple of pages back..

Crystal castles steal music....

http://www.pileup.com/babyart/blog/?p=130

http://musicslut.blogspot.com/2008/01/crys...-war-video.html

Crystal Castles and Chip Music Copyright Infringements....

Here’s a little rant about Crystal Castles and their recently revealed copyright violations. First off I think I should explain why I care at all. I generally do support copyright violation, and I willingly take part in downloading as well as uploading copyrighted material to various P2P networks. However, I draw a line between the act of personally copying and sharing material for no other gain than the material itself, and using copyright violation as a means of generating a monetary profit. The previous is inevitable in today’s age of information while the latter, at least from case to case, can be seen as morally wrong.

http://gameboygenius.8bitcollective.com/wo...-infringements/

http://download369.mediafire.com/wj2msizvf...sk+Remix%29.mp3

some interesting blog-type stuff on Crystal Castles D.A.I.C...who did the 'Air War' vid you posted a couple of pages back..

Crystal castles steal music....

Not sure what you mean by stealing. Lots of bands and djs lift portions of other material. If the end result is something new, I don't have a problem with it.

Patrick Wolf - Vulture (2009)

Patrick Wolf is an English singer-songwriter and multi-instrumentalist (harp, clavinet, harpsichord, guitar, piano, autoharp, organ, mountain dulcimer, clavichord, harmonium, accordion, theremin, ukulele, viola, and violin) from London. This is the first single from his latest album, The Bachelor, which will be released on April 20th. His recent albums have been financed by fans, a welcome trend which maybe the future of the music industry.

Prince - MPLSoUND's "Ol' Skool Company"

Prince is performing for three nights on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno - this was the first installment. A tip of the hat to Idolator for finding this on Youtube.

Not sure what you mean by stealing. Lots of bands and djs lift portions of other material. If the end result is something new, I don't have a problem with it.

no mate..it wasn`t my headline..it was a personal view off this blog...i should have made that clearer...you know my views on copyright etc....all`s fair in love and music.. :lol:

post-193-1238101734_thumb.jpg

Gare du Nord - Boogie All Night Long (2001)

Gare du Nord is a French R & B band, who have recently relocated to Hollywood, Florida. This cut is from "In Search of Excellounge."

Marvin Gaye - Got To Give It Up (1977)

"Got to Give It Up" is a 1977 hit single recorded by American soul music legend Marvin Gaye. Initially "Got to Give It Up" in its 11-minutes-plus version was included as the final side of his 1977 double-album live collection, Live at the London Palladium (number three pop, number one R&B). The song was issued as an edited four minutes-plus-release, titled "Got to Give It Up, Pt. 1" and became Gaye's biggest hit, with sales exceeding two million copies, since his seminal 1973 anthem, "Let's Get It On". - Wikipedia

M83 - Lower Your Eyelids To The Sun

This cut is from M83s album, Before the Dawn Heals Us

E6E6E6
101010h_WpcaHNZ7

Lower Your Eyelids To Die With The Sun - M83

Live @ Disney Hall with the LA Symphony

Ra Ra Riot - Can You Tell (2009)

Ra Ra Riot is an American indie rock band from Syracuse, New York. The cut is from their latest ep - the appearance is from earlier this week Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.

INXS - Devil inside (1988)

Now that winter is over, we can all unleash :lol:

"Devil Inside" is one of the Australian band's better songs. It was released in February 1988. You can find it on their reissued greatest hits album, Kick.

Marvin Gaye - You're My Medicine (Gare du Nord remix)

Gare du Nord is a French band who specialize in R & B. They've recently relocated to Hollywood, Florida.

Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing

Con Funk Shun - Can You Feel The Groove Tonight (1983)

Con Funk Shun is an American R&B and funk band popular in the 1970s and 1980s. They remind me of Earth, Wind and Fire. Alex Parsons, a popular DJ in Europe suggested I check them out.

From The Heart (Live)

Cherry Poppin' Daddies - 'Zoot Suit Riot' (2008)

The Cherry Poppin' Daddies are America's finest rock/swing/ska band. This is their first video. Thanks Umma for the tip.

cherry poppin` daddies: zoot suit riot: from the album "zoot suit riot" (1998)..i like that retro-swing sound...i saw these guys in the late 90`s at an outdoor festival down here in NZ...they were an excellent live show...and tore the house down..

The Cherry Poppin' Daddies formed in Eugene, Oregon in late 1988 by singer/songwriter Steve Perry.....a native of Binghamton, New York...Swing-wise, the Daddies have cited Fletcher Henderson, Count Basie and Duke Ellington as their primary influences..

http://www.daddies.com/

image: Fair Use for descriptive purposes.

post-193-1238190296_thumb.jpg

Knightlife - Hearts on Fire Remix/So Haunted Reprise

Knightlife is a dj mixer who specializes in house music.

Hearts On Fire

E6E6E6
1010100hIX_jE0PK

Hearts Of Fire (Knightlife Remix) - Cut Copy

You can check out So Haunted Reprise right HERE

Kraftwerk - Electro Cardiogram (Live in 2003)

Kraftwerk is an influential electronic music band from Düsseldorf, Germany.

"the good things" "white trash toodle oo" and "julie grave" : cherry poppin` daddies....from the album: Susquehanna (2008)

http://mickey.tv/xml/75000/74131.xml

Check this out:

Cherry Poppin' Daddies - The Good Things

image: Fair Use/www.dreamnotoftoday.com

post-193-1238192992_thumb.jpg

Brazilian Girls with David Byrne - I'm Losing Myself (2009)

Sterogum has posted a stream of the B Girls latest TUNE - you can check it out HERE. You can also check out the alternate version at MYSPACE

post-9-1238206453_thumb.jpg

Grizzly Bear (w/Victoria Legrand from Beach House) - “Two Weeks” Live @ SXSW

A tip of the hat to Passion of Weiss via Gorilla V. Bear; h/t You Ain’t No Picasso for the find.

West Indian Girl - All My Friends (2008)

West Indian Girl are an indie band from LA. This song was remixed by Jason Bentley, the program director at KCRW. It appears on the album 4th and Wall, which was released last year.

Stream it or download it at RcrdLbl

post-9-1238212623_thumb.jpg

Snow In Mexico - You & My Winter (2009)

Snow In Mexico are a new shoegaze band from Rome, Italy. You can download the above song and the entire ep right HERE

post-9-1238213670.jpeg

The Hush Now - Bedtime Stories (2009)

The Hush Now are a new indie band from Boston. This cut is from their debut album, which you can download right HERE - the track list is below:

[Track 1] - The Man From Galway

[Track 2] - Bedtime Stories

[Track 3] - Vancouver

[Track 4] - Sadie Hawkins Dance

[Track 5] - Pining

[Track 6] - Ashes

[Track 7] - Subtle Like Bombs

[Track 8] - Traditions

[Track 9] - Roleplay

[Track 10] - Landlord and The Tenant

[Track 11] - Hiding In Corners

post-9-1238214525_thumb.jpg