What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Bloc Party - Signs (Armand Van Helden Remix)

This cut is from the upcoming album, 'Intimacy Remixed', which is due out on the 11th of May.

Tiga - Hot In Herre/Mind Dimension

Tiga is a Canadian DJ and producer. His fuses dance, experimental and electronic music - interesting sound.

Hot In Herre

Mind Dimension

Jeff Minter and Ivan Zorzin of Llamasoft produced the video.

Phoenix - 1901 (Teenager's Remix)

Fresh of the presses - here is the french band's mix - check it out @ Big Stereo

Bonus: Love, No (Delorean Remix) - from the album Reality Check courtesy of XL Recordings.

Believe it or not this was released on an Urban Outfitter's sampler last summer. Should have been released as a single!

E6E6E6
101010fGmW02DWHs

Love, No (Delorean Remix) - The Teenagers

post-9-1237360658_thumb.jpg

"I`m Going Home" ....Alvin Lee/Ten Years After at Woodstock 1969....an old favourite and a choice one.... :thumbsup:

Alvin Lee is an English rock guitarist and singer. Guitarists like Chuck Berry and Scotty Moore provided his inspiration.

Appearing at the Woodstock Festival, Lee's performance was captured on film in the documentary of the festival and his playing helped catapult him and T.Y.A into stardom

Lee's overall musical output includes more than 20 albums, including 1985's Detroit Diesel, and the back to back 1990s collections of Zoom and 1994 (U.S. title I Hear You Rockin' ). Guest artists on both albums include George Harrison. Their duet on 1994's The Bluest Blues led one reviewer to call it "the most perfect blues song ever recorded."

post-193-1237419051_thumb.jpg

"Stoned Guitar"...the Human Instinct...from the album "Stoned Guitar" (1969).....i grew up with these guys in the 60`s in Auckland....

"Maori guitarist Billy TK was the Jimi Hendrix of the Southern Hemisphere. He obviously took the lessons of the Master to heart and, on his albums with Human Instinct, took Hendrix's psychedelic approach to absurd new extremes. Not necessarily the greatest listening experience, but definitely the farthest "out" of any guitar psyche you're likely to ever hear. This album is one of the most important chapters of rock from that era. "

N.B: Note the video backround shots of sheets of blotting-paper acid...ah the good old days... :lol: :lol:

post-193-1237422912_thumb.jpg

post-193-1237422924_thumb.jpg

post-193-1237423893_thumb.jpg

Modest Mouse - Satellite Skin (Live on David Letterman)

Modest Mouse is an indie band from Seattle. This song will appear on their next EP, No One's First and You're Next, which is set for release in August 2009.

Vampire Weekend - White Sky (Live on Jimmy Fallon)

Here's the latest and greatest from VW - this is a new song which will appear on their next album sometime next Fall

Placebo - Running Up The Hill (2007)

Placebo are an alternative rock band formed in London. This song is a cover of the Kate Bush song. It was originally released on the bonus disc of their 2003 album Sleeping with Ghosts and on the re-released Meds in 2007. Placebo's take on the song is more downbeat than the original - it has been described by Q Magazine as 'sound[ing] more like a pact with the Devil' than the original 'deal with God' :lol: I wouldn't go that far

The Chromatics

The song also appears on Oregon's Chromatic's 2007 album 'Night Drive'.

Shout Out Louds - Impossible (Possible Remix by Studio)

Urban Outfitters Essential Summer Mix

Shout Out Louds is an indie rock band from Stockholm, Sweden. Dan Lissvik & Rasmus Hägg are also from Sweden.

E6E6E6
101010cSzeF8px2f

Impossible (Possible Remake by Studio) - Shout Out Louds

ATTN - MONTAÑAS (2009)

ATTN is a talented new indie band out of Boise, Idaho, who fuse rock and electronic music. You can check out more of their work HERE

milk & alcohol: dr feelgood: 25 years of dr feelgood (1997).....i saw these guys live more years ago than i care to remember....the original version....they were a great live act...original vocalist Lee Brilleaux could play a mean harp..

Dr. Feelgood are a British pub rock band, which was formed in mid 1971. The name of the band, Dr. Feelgood, is slang for heroin, or for doctors who are prepared to overprescribe drugs.

The group's original distinctively British R&B sound was centered on Wilko Johnson's choppy guitar style. Along with Johnson, the original band line-up comprised John B. Sparks (bass guitar), John Martin aka The Big Figure (drummer) and Lee Brilleaux (vocals).

Like many pub rock acts, Dr. Feelgood were known primarily for their high energy live performances, although studio albums such as Down by the Jetty (1974) and Malpractice (1975) were also popular. Their breakthrough 1976 live album, Stupidity, reached number one in the UK Albums Chart....

Despite its thriving British success, Dr. Feelgood was unable to find an audience in the United States.

image:Fair Use/991.com/newGallery

post-193-1237812853_thumb.jpg

KEVIN BORICH EXPRESS: Rolling & Tumbling/Gypsy Eyes/Medley..a mean slide guitar from one of Australasia`s greatest musos...Kevin Borich was born in Auckland at around about the same time as me.. :o.. and i used to watch him live at the clubs in Auckland in the `60`s when i was very very young.... :lol:

check out the incredible solo run from the bass player...a guy called Harry Brus...

Kevin Borich is a New Zealand born Australian virtuoso guitarist and singer/song-writer. He has been a member of the The La De Das, Kevin Borich Express, and The Party Boys.

Borich wrote the classic hit Gonna See My Baby Tonight, and has performed at some of Australia's biggest Rock events including the Sunbury Pop Festival and the 1970s Rockarenas with 60,000 people, featuring Fleetwood Mac, Santana and The Little River Band. He played in two New Years Eve celebrations at the Sydney Opera House with 70,000 people as well as support shows for international acts including Elton John, Status Quo, Jeff Beck and Buddy Guy.

image : Fair Use: Kevin Borich..

post-193-1237816921_thumb.jpg

Tipper - No Dice (2009)

Dave Tipper is a British producer and DJ. This cut appears on the album Surrounded.

You can listen to the song HERE in stereo...

Or in Surround Sound

1) Download Player HERE

2) Open file in Player

3) Play

If this is the future of music listening, I'm in B)

post-9-1237828229_thumb.jpg

post-9-1237830636_thumb.jpg

Tipper - No Dice (2009)

Dave Tipper is a British producer and DJ. This cut appears on the album Surrounded.

You can listen to the song HERE in stereo...

Or in Surround Sound

1) Download Player HERE

2) Open file in Player

3) Play

If this is the future of music listening, I'm in B)

nice little player mate..very nice..

Thompson MP3 pro encoding and decoding in the old days D.A.I.C...try it out..the software is ancient but it`s great fun...the player sounds good too..

..for example you can Encode .wav files into mp3PRO files at 64 kbps :lol::lol:

http://www.mp3prozone.com/download.htm

post-193-1237862542_thumb.jpg

post-193-1237862964_thumb.jpg

Thompson MP3 pro encoding and decoding in the old days D.A.I.C...try it out..the software is ancient but it`s great fun...the player sounds good too..

..for example you can Encode .wav files into mp3PRO files at 64 kbps :lol::lol:

It's Window's only :sad: