What Are You Listening To?

DudeAsInCool

Dead Weather - Hang You From the Heavens (2009)

This is the new single from Jack White's new band, which features this Allison Mosshart from The Kills on vocals, Jack Lawrence from The Raconteurs on bass, Dean Fertita from Queens of the Stone Age, and Jack White on the drums.

Say Hi To Your Mom - "Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh Oh" (2009)

Say Hi To Your Mom is an indie band from Seattle. This cut is from the band's latest album, Oohs & Aahs.

You can check it out @MySpace or Possoouvirumdisco

post-9-1237016112_thumb.jpg

School of Seven Bells - Half Asleep from the album Alpinisms (2008)

School of Seven Bells is a three-piece band formed by Benjamin Curtis (musician) of Secret Machines, together with identical twins Alejandra and Claudia Deheza, formerly of On! Air! Library!. The band is named after the School of the Seven Bells, a mythical South American pickpocket training academy. - Wikipedia

E6E6E6
101010d7cKbfhMew

Half Asleep - School Of Seven Bells

post-9-1237016710_thumb.jpg

Nouvelle Vague - I Melt With You from their self-titled album (2004)

Nouvelle Vague is a French musical collective led by musicians Marc Collin and Olivier Libaux. Their name is a tip of the hat to the '60s new wave of cult French cinema

E6E6E6
101010wrwsae6HuJ

I Melt With You - Nouvelle Vague

post-9-1237017459.png

Mika – Atlas (rmx by Prometheus)

"Benji Vaughan, aka Prometheus, is a trip-hop dj from London. A tip of the hat to Bendrix@Blip, who is from China, for the head's up on the cut.

"Serial Killer" ...Chrome Division....from the album "DoomsDay Rock and Roll' (2006)...Chrome Division is a heavy metal band from Norway formed in 2004 by Shagrath, the lead vocalist of symphonic black metal band Dimmu Borgir, and Lex Icon, founder of The Kovenant....Another lot of european metallers that i`ve just discovered....these guys do sound A LOT like Motorhead..apart from the boring and monotonous sexual imagery and biker culture overkill....i like it... :lol: :lol:

image:Fair Use

post-193-1237027404_thumb.jpg

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five (1961)

The Dave Brubeck Quartet was a jazz quartet, founded in 1951 by Dave Brubeck and featuring Paul Desmond on saxophone and Brubeck on piano.

Cursive - From the Hip (Live on David Letterman)

This cut is from their new album, Mama, I'm Swollen, which you can check out HERE (until Spinner takes it down)

Metric - Help Me, I'm Alive

Metric is a Canadian New Wave/indie rock band. Originally formed in 1998 in New York City, they are currently based in Toronto, Ontario, Montreal, Quebec, Los Angeles, California and Brooklyn, New York. The band consists of vocalist Emily Haines (who also plays the synthesizer), guitarist James Shaw, bassist Josh Winstead and drummer Joules Scott-Key.

This is the title track from the promo album, which was released late last year. They have a new promo out, Front Row, which was released this week. BluClover notes that a full album, Fantasies, is due out in April B) Special props to The Yellow Stereo for bringing them to my attention.

Tosca - My First (2009)

Tosca is an electronic music project of Austrian djs Richard Dorfmeister and Rupert Huber. They specialize in Electronica/Dub/Downtempo music. This cut is from their upcoming album, No Hassle, which will be released by !K7 records in April.

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Take Five (1961)

The Dave Brubeck Quartet was a jazz quartet, founded in 1951 by Dave Brubeck and featuring Paul Desmond on saxophone and Brubeck on piano.

great stuff dude... i`ve got most of his work...i`m a great fan of Dave Brubeck...here`s another version of "Take 5" with Carmen McRae doing the coolest vocals...

..and here`s Dave Brubeck and Al Jarreau doing their thing with "Take 5"...

Anathallo - A Great Wind More Ash

Anathallo is an experimental indie rock band from Chicago. This cut is from the album Floating World (2006). The band is currently touring with Sam Amidon and will be playing at the SXSW Festival this week.

E6E6E6
1010101e3TJ5aDRo

A Great Wind More Ash - Anathallo

post-9-1237184688_thumb.jpg

Idaho - Levitate

Idaho is and indie rock band founded by Jeff Martin. This is the title track from the 2001 album - the piano work is beautiful. Props to musician Sam Amidon who suggested checking out the artist and song at Twitter.

E6E6E6
101010DC5JloBn18

Levitate - Idaho

post-9-1237187666_thumb.jpg

Crystal Castles - Air War (2008)

Crystal Castles is a Canadian electronic music duo from Toronto, Ontario. The band consists of multi-instrumentalist Ethan Kath and vocalist Alice Glass. They've done remixes for Bloc Party and the Klaxons. This cut is from their self-titled album - odd, they've removed their official video from

E6E6E6
1010101SJp2lWs21

Air War - Crystal Castles

Not sure who did this video - but it's trippy B)

Lights - February Air (2009)

Lights is an indie band from Toronto, Canada. Don't know much about them other than they just played the Facebook party @ SXSW. The song is fairly pop, but the lead singer has a nice voice ... and I can see how she would appeal to the early 20 something crowd at the party B)

LIGHTS - February Air official music video

Gliss - Beauty (2009)

Gliss is an experimental/pop/shoegaze band from LA. This cut is from their upcoming album, Devotion Implotion.

Listen/Download @ Rcrdlbl - check out more of their music @ MySpace

post-9-1237227999.jpeg

post-9-1237229116.jpeg

Burning Star Core - Beauty Hunter

Burning Star Core is an experiment project from C Spencer Yeh, who also distributes the music via his record company in Cincinnati, Ohio. This cut appeared on the album, Challenger.

E6E6E6
101010TkMSKrjx_w

Beauty Hunter - Burning Star Core

post-9-1237229937_thumb.jpg

post-9-1237230033_thumb.jpg